05

Grace

It's been two weeks since Jesse and I broke up. Two weeks since I saw the last bit of normalcy in my life go up in flames. It's definitely been a rough two weeks. But all throughout that time, he's been quiet. He hasn't called to check in, or texted me. He hasn't even changed his relationship status online.

That is, until today.

I thought he was just giving me time to adjust before coming back to try and be friends. I would have definitely been friends with him if he wanted that. Honestly, I'm at the point where I would probably take him back if he asked. Not that I believe in love anymore, it would be more of a desire to have one piece of my old life back.

He posted on Instagram today. A shirtless selfie. And there were girls all in his comments with heart and fire emojis. And he entertained those comments by replying and liking them. It was just a slap in the face honestly.

I know I shouldn't be looking at his page. Honestly, I forgot to block him. Okay, I didn't forget. It was just hard going through all of that at once. He deleted the photos of us he had on his page some time between two days ago and today. That's when I checked last.

It's hard to accept that things are really over. At least to me, things were so serious toward the end. We had talks about marriage and kids. I thought his family loved me. His sister was always texting with me, even up until that last week. It's just been so confusing to look back and see how things played out.

"Grace, why aren't you dressed yet?" Holly asks, walking over to stand in front of me.

When she looks down at my phone, she realizes what I'm doing. A heavy sigh escapes her lips as she squats down to be eye level to me sitting on the bed.

"Gracie, you shouldn't be looking at that stuff." Her tone is gentle, as if she's talking to a child.

"The notification came up. I clicked it before even realizing that it was him."

"I know." she nods, "How about we just delete all our social media apps? So we don't get notifications. Just focus on Europe." she suggests.

Looking down at my phone, I weigh my options. Delete social media and be free of that burden, or keep it on my phone and deal with seeing Jesse all the time? I hand Holly my phone, standing up from the edge of the bed. "I'm gonna get ready. Delete away. Oh and if you can, just text Harry that we're ready to go."

She smiles at me, nodding as she takes my phone. "You've got it. Wear something cute, we'll probably take a lot of pictures today." she says.

Going over to my suitcase, I take out a bra, socks, a pair of jeans and a cute top. It's a milkmaid style, with puffy short sleeves and a blue floral print on a white base. I only brought a few pairs of shoes, only one pair of sneakers. I go into the bathroom to change into the clothes, looking into the mirror. It's definitely a nice outfit compared to what I've been wearing. Not that there's anything wrong with it, it's just been on the more basic side.

I brush through my long, dark hair, getting out any knots that may have formed in my sleep. I'm a crazy sleeper, always have been, probably always will be. Holly hates sleeping in the same bed as me since I tend to hog blankets and cuddle. She's gonna have to get used to it with this trip though.

"Harry will be here in ten minutes!" Holly calls out to me from in the room.

I don't know if I'm ready to see Harry today. Especially after what Holly said last night about moving on with him. And after seeing Jesse is having no problem moving on, I'm nervous that I'll do something stupid and ruin this all. Harry's really nice and I'd love to be his friend, but I tend to embarrass myself a lot. When I'm under a lot of stress my stupidity gets worse.