46

Grace

Harry decided tonight he's gonna make dinner for everyone with Elias. He's really trying to get us to not spend money while we're here.

We picked up some fresh pasta and some ingredients so they could make us spaghetti and meatballs. I mean, it's Italian I guess. I'm more excited about the fresh pasta. I know Eli could cook though. Hopefully Harry can too.

Holly's been acting weird all day. She's been attached to her phone and been all huffy. It's like she has a constant attitude. It was annoying at first, but now it has me all nervous and scared. I keep running through everything I ever said to her, trying to figure out the point where she started hating me.

Maybe it's because I've been so unstable the past few months. Maybe she's tired of having to be my therapist. I wouldn't be surprised if she went home and moved out of the apartment. It was only a matter of time before this would happen.

She won't even sit next to me in the car. She refuses to let me sit next to her in the back. I could already feel all those disgusting thoughts enter my brain. I've been picking at my nails all day to the point where all the nail polish that was on them is all gone now. I've started picking at the skin around them now.

I look over at Harry when he pulls the car over, "What's going on?" I ask, just starting to feel really ganged up on.

"There's a lake and the sun is going down so I'm gonna get a quick dip and maybe we could just hang out and watch the sun go down." he says, smiling over at me. "So everyone out of the car!"

I hesitantly get out of the car, looking over at Harry. All I want is a hug from him but I can't even have that right now.

This can't be a repeat of Vienna. It's too exhausting.

Once everyone is out of the car, Harry leads the way to the lake. I'm definitely not getting into the water. I'm really starting to regret this stupid dress. I probably look like an idiot in it anyway. I should have just worn a fucking turtleneck.

Harry takes his shirt off, followed by the jeans he's wearing. I'm too worried about what's going on with Holly to even take note of the fact that he's in his literal underwear right now. Eli does the same, stripping to his boxers before the two of them jump into the water.

"Are you getting in Gracie?" Holly asks me with a small smile.

The boys are out of earshot, so I know Harry or Eli won't hear me if I start panicking, but I can't help it. "Are you mad at me? Did I do something wrong? I get it if you want to leave. I'll pay for your plane ticket home and I could take care of the rent." I rush out, not being able to stop myself.

Her eyebrows furrow and a look of confusion crosses her face. "Okay, you didn't do anything wrong, I'm not mad at you and I don't want to go home." she says.

"You just haven't been talking to me and you seem annoyed and I know I could be annoying and frustrating-" I start, but she cuts me off.

"Gracie." she says sternly, grabbing ahold of my arms. "I am not upset with you or annoyed with you. You aren't annoying or frustrating or anything. I'm sorry, I didn't think of how this would affect you. I am really truly sorry." She pulls me in for a hug. "But I am so proud of you for confronting me. You wouldn't have done that a week ago."

She's right. A week ago I would have just acted mad back and pushed it down until it all came back up in a few months. This is the new and improved Grace I guess.

I hug her back, biting my lip hard. "Why aren't you talking to me then?" I finally ask.

She pulls away from the hug, looking at me. "What am I supposed to say to my best friend who's saying nothing is going on between her and the celebrity, but is wearing his ring on her necklace?"