72

Grace

"Grace, you met her already." Harry reminds me as I pace the kitchen. Elias is pacing the living room while Holly tries to calm him down.

I shake my head, "She's gonna hate me Harry. She's gonna think I'm just with you for your money and to get something out of it. They're just going to absolutely hate me and then you'll have to break up with me because your family doesn't like me." I ramble, continuing to pace the kitchen.

He leans against the counter, crossing his arms. "Oh are they? So you're using me for my money and to get something out of it?" he asks, obviously amused.

"Of course not! But they're gonna think that!" I argue, finally stopping in front of him. He said Gemma knew that Lexie was using him, what if she sees that in me too?

Harry smiles a bit, putting his hands on my shoulders as he looks into my eyes. "Dove, if you aren't using me, they aren't going to think that. They are going to see how much I- care for you." he says. He places a kiss on my forehead. "So stop worrying this pretty little head of yours."

I look up at him, just feeling so many emotions right now. I love him so much and I want his family to like me. If they didn't like me I know that he wouldn't stay with me. His family is obviously more important than the girl he met three weeks ago.

"What if I say the wrong thing?" I continue, not able to stop myself from thinking about how everything could get messed up.

He chuckles a bit, "You're gonna do fine, darling." he says. His phone dings with a notification which only makes my heart drop. He types quickly before slipping his phone back in his pocket, "They're here." he smiles, pushing himself off the counter.

"Harry." I try to get his attention, but he just shrugs, walking to the door. I follow him, my hand reaching up to play with my necklace. Oh god, what if they think we're engaged like Holly and Elias did? I forgot about that. Shit this isn't going to go well, I know it.

Elias looks over when we come into view and his eyes widen, "They're here?" he asks.

Holly rolls her eyes a bit, patting his back, "Well this is gonna be a disaster." she sighs. Harry just smiles over at them, "Elias, you are going to be fine. Why don't you and Holly go to the kitchen and start bringing the food and plates and things like that out to the yard?" he suggests, knowing that his family meeting the two of them could be delayed a bit.

The two of them quickly head to the kitchen to get to work. I'm almost tempted to follow them, but I know Harry wants me here with him so he could introduce me to his mom. I sigh, biting my lip hard as he opens the door.

I stand behind him, hoping to just blend into the background. A car pulls into the driveway and parks. My heart is beating like crazy right now and I feel like I could just throw up. Why am I doing this?

Oh yeah, because apparently I love this guy.

Two women exit the car and go to the trunk to start taking things out. Harry leaves out the front door to help them, ruining my hiding spot. I stand frozen by the door, watching him greet his mom and sister with hugs and kisses and help them with their bags and tupperwares.

They start walking toward the front door and my heart stops when his mom makes eye contact with me. I must look like a deer in headlights. I'm trying my best to not start hyperventilating and I think Harry recognizes that because he walks ahead of them, wanting to get to me first.

"Take a breath, dove." he mumbles to me once he's close enough. I sigh slightly, continuing to mess with the ring.

He places the bags down by the door before turning to his mom and sister, placing a hand gently on my back. "Mum, Gem, this is Grace." he introduces, looking at me with a smile.