four | the rhodes not taken

There had been many things during Christian St

There had been many things during Christian St. James's fourteen years of life that he hated, but there were two things he hated the most above everything else.

The first being his pure hatred for his parents, who made it quite obvious to him and the rest of his siblings of just how much they favored Jesse over the rest of them.

And the second thing was the fact that, ever since Noah Puckerman had joined the Glee Club, Mr. Schuester had it where Noah and Christian would always be seated near each other in Mr. Schuester's own attempt in having the two of them move past their differences.

However, the most his and Noah's seating arrangements did was make Christian even angrier than he would have been before he would enter the choir room once more.

It took every single piece of energy he had inside him to not just snap and punch Noah right in the face, despite just how much he'd love to do nothing more than punch that smirking football player in the face.

And as Finn Hudson and Quinn Fabray sang as the two leads for another attempt at the song Don't Stop Believing, Christian kept both of his hands clenched into fists and unknowingly twitched an eye as he, along with the other members of the Glee Club, sang background to the couple, only for them all to abruptly stop singing as soon as Quinn covered her mouth with one of her hands and ran out of the room.

It was at that point that Christian took a couple steps away from Noah as Mr. Schuester asked, "Quinn, you okay?"

While Christian slowly uncurled his hands from fists, Finn said, "I think she just had a-a bad breakfast burrito."

Then the attention was suddenly brought to Kurt, who asked, "Can we please talk about the giant elephant in the room?"

Santana slightly narrowed her eyes at Kurt as she said to him, "Your sexuality?"

After glancing over at Santana out of the corner of his eye, he said, "Rachel-- we can't do it without her."

Mr. Schuester replied, "That's not true. We may have to layer Santana and Mercedes over Quinn's solo, but... we'll be fine."

Artie said to him, "Maybe for the invitationals, but not for the sectionals and certainly not the regionals."

It was then that Noah said to Mr. Schuester, "The wheelchair kid's right. That Rachel chick makes me want to light myself on fire, but she can sing."

Just as Mr. Schuester was about to say something to them, Christian said to him after sighing to himself, "As much as I hate to say this, Puckerman's right. We can't do it without Berry."

After sighing to himself, Mr. Schuester told them, "Rachel left, guys. She's gone." While Christian muttered under his breath 'gee, I wonder why', Mr. Schuester said, "Now, if we're gonna make this thing work, we can't look back. Alright, take five, guys."