thirty five | original song

Mr

Mr. Schuester entered the choir room with an open letter in hand as he said to the Glee Clubbers, "Guys, I've got some bad news. You know how we decided on 'Sing' by My Chemical Romance for Regionals? Well, I hold in my hand a cease and desist letter from the band. We can't do it."

Noah scoffed before he said, "It was the perfect anthem."

Mercedes asked, "How much do you want to bet Coach Sylvester has something to do with this?"

Mr. Schuester said to her, "One step ahead of you."

While Christian only rolled his eyes to himself, Mercedes asked, "So what are we going to do now?"

Rachel told them, "I think we should write original songs for Regionals."

Santana replied, "All those in favor of voting Rachel down a second time?"

With a sigh, Christian said, "I would raise my hand, but I don't particularly feel like moving my arm right about now."

It was then that Quinn said, "No. I think Rachel is right. This team works best when we push ourselves and do something a little different."

Mercedes replied, "That's true, but if all the other teams are doing amazing songs, we're not going to be so good."

Quinn told her, "You're right. We're not going to be as good. We're going to be better. We won't be using other people's words or music. It'll be our own. Our own heart, soul, not just our voices. We have a really talented songwriter in our midst. Rachel." Then she said to Rachel, "I was thinking maybe you and I could write a song together."

It was then that Finn said, "I'm with Quinn and Rachel. I mean, if these two can agree on something, it's probably an idea worth considering."

Santana said as she turned to look at Quinn, "Wait, wait, so suddenly, you two are writing the music for Regionals? No way. I think that everyone should get a chance to write a song."

Sam replied, "Santana's right. We can do this."

Mercedes asked as she turned to look at Mr. Schuester, "What do you think, Mr. Shue?"

Mr. Schuester said to her, "I think we're doing original songs for Regionals."

While the others clapped, all Christian did in response was raise his eyebrows to himself before he looked over at Rachel, who had a big smile on her face as she looked over at Quinn.

* * *

As Mr. Schuester started to go around the room and hand out books to the New Directions, he said to them, "Alright, guys, let's hear it for our first songwriting seminar. While Quinn and Rachel are hard at work, we're gonna try to write an anthem of our own. Now, these are rhyming dictionaries for all of you."

It was then that Santana said, "Uh, Mr. Shue? Tina and I have been, uh, already working on a song that I wrote."

Mr. Schuester replied, "Really?" While Santana nodded, he said, "That's amazing. Well, c-can we hear it?"