eighty nine | the rise and fall of sue sylvester

As he entered the choir room, Mr

As he entered the choir room, Mr. Schuester said, "Thank you, everyone, for coming to this emergency Glee Club meeting. Now, as I'm sure everyone in this room is aware of by now, Dalton Academy has burned to the ground. Now, I've gathered you all here today because Blaine, Kurt and myself have been talking, and... although just a moment ago, we could only see the Warblers as our competition, now it's time for us to see them as a friend and ally. We have made the decision to make some lemonade out of these lemons and join together as a show choir super group. This is an opportunity for all of us. We need them just as much as they need us."

Kitty asked him, "Where's Rachel? Shouldn't she be here for this?"

Mr. Schuester told her, "Uh, she is in New York on some business, but she'll be back soon. But she is totally on board with this plan."

Kitty replied, "Well, okay."

While the others went ahead to greet the Warblers and Christian made a point of simply nodding at them, Blaine said, "Thank you so much, Mr. Schuester, for your generosity. It is in times like these that we can find comfort in the kindness of our friends."

Mr. Schuester told him, "It's gonna be a challenge for all of us to move forward, but I know that we can do this. And I think it's so awesome that the Warblers' passion for show choir is stronger than ever, 'cause we're really gonna need that strength and commitment to not only win sectionals, but to take it all the way to nationals this year! Come on, guys!"

Just as Christian started to clap with the others after seeing the look Stephanie had given him, he suddenly stopped when Principal Sylvester entered the choir room and yelled, "Yeah!" As soon as she stopped clapping, she said, "I'm sorry, but the aroma of overly dry-cleaned polyester uniforms just wafted into my office and up my extremely sensitive nose. And I can see why now. The Glee Club is hosting the Lima Gay Men's Chorus."

Just as Christian started to sigh in response, he suddenly stopped when one of the Warblers said, "Oh, no, she didn't!"

Just as Christian turned to look at the Warblers and saw one take off his shoe and another hold him back, Blaine replied, "Sue, you know very well that these are the Warblers. They're at McKinley now. They're part of the New Directions."

Principal Sylvester retorted, "Oh, they most certainly are not. And they're going to take their freshly scrubbed cherubic faces and get the hell out of my school."

Mr. Schuester said to her, "They're staying, Sue. I've already cleared it with the superintendent."

Principal Sylvester replied, "How dare you go over my head!" While Christian only sighed in response, which got a couple of the Warblers to look over at the annoyed nineteen-year-old, Principal Sylvester said to Mr. Schuester, "Well, I will just have to get it un-cleared with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, who I met recently on the Cayman Islands at a leadership retreat and turtle hunt. He's also a priority contact on my brand-new cutting-edge Apple Watch."