thirty eight | prom queen

As he started to walk away from the whiteboard, Mr

As he started to walk away from the whiteboard, Mr. Schuester said to the Glee Clubbers, "Alright, guys-- prom."

Sam said to him, "Please tell me we're not doing songs about prom."

Mr. Schuester replied, "Nope. We are the prom. Figgins has asked us to perform."

It was then that Rachel said, "Let's do 'Run, Joey, Run'."

Christian scoffed before he said, "Oh, yeah, because that number ended just so well the last time, didn't it, Rachel?"

While Rachel quickly looked over at Christian and narrowed her eyes at him, Mr. Schuester said to them, "Now, I know this isn't ideal with Nationals coming up, but we really don't have a choice. And we could really use the money." As he started to sit down on a stool, he said, "But I know that prom is a special rite of passage. And I'm gonna make sure that all of you guys get a chance to enjoy the dance, too. So, we're gonna stagger the performances so that each and every one of you has a lot of time to dance with your dates."

It was then that Mercedes said as she got up and out of her seat, "Excuse me."

As Mercedes walked out of the room, Mr. Schuester asked, "Is she okay?"

Quinn told him, "Mercedes doesn't have a date for prom."

Brittany replied, "So? I don't have a date. I'm just going to dance, and then all your dates are gonna ignore you and come dance with me, so... your dates are really my dates."

Kurt told them, "I'm gonna go talk to Mercedes."

Rachel replied, "No. Let me."

* * *

Christian was in his room and working on some homework, while he was on the phone with Noah Puckerman, who told him every part of the plan he had with Artie Abrams for spiking the punch bowl at the Junior Prom.

Despite how much he would have loved to help Noah with spiking the punch bowl, he needed to make sure he wouldn't have to repeat his freshman year for the third time, so he intended on just talking with Noah and seeing if Noah's goal of spiking the punch bowl would actually come to happen.

It wasn't until he heard a pair of footsteps going up the stairs and headed towards his room that Christian put down his pencil and started to get up from his chair as he wondered if his uncle was home early from his shift at work.

As he started to make his way towards the doorway of his bedroom, he grabbed an aluminum baseball bat he kept in his room, just in case it was an intruder of some sort.

Just as he was about to take a step out of his bedroom, he suddenly stopped when a familiar face was seen standing in front of him with a smirk on his face and his hands shoved into his front pockets.

With a blank look on his face, Christian said into the phone, "Puck, I have to go. I have a piece of garbage to deal with right now."

Just as Noah was about to respond, Christian ended the call and shoved his phone into his pocket before he stared up at the intruder, who said, "Hey, Christian, long time no see."