eighty five | new directions

While standing on the stage in the auditorium, Mercedes said, "You know, being here with everyone has brought so many good feelings and memories, and

While standing on the stage in the auditorium, Mercedes said, "You know, being here with everyone has brought so many good feelings and memories, and.. I mean, look at Puck and Quinn." While Christian turned his head to look at them, Mercedes told them, "I mean, I have no idea what's going on there, nor do I know where her boyfriend ran off to, but it looks like we can be expecting another 'accidental' pregnancy sometime soon."

While Christian started to chuckle to himself in response, Kurt said to them, "But, alas, with the old good feelings come the old bad ones, too. Why, just today, Mercedes and I were in the lunch line when a battle from way back in the day came out, a-and we found ourselves at each other's throats again."

Mercedes replied, "Yes, I know. It's really hard to see friends fighting, but I'm just glad that none of you guys were there to see it."

While Christian slowly eyed the two of them, Artie told her, "I was right behind you in line."

Then Kurt said to them, "Because the most upsetting thing is watching two people you love fight about something ridiculous and there not being anything you can do to stop it. But, thankfully, we made up and we have never been closer." While Christian eyed the two of them with a scrunched up nose and a frown on his face, Kurt said, "And we've decided to heal our hearts with a song."

After nodding at Mercedes, Kurt sang, "I am changing. Trying every way I can. I am changing. I'll be better than I am. I'm trying to find a way to understand, but I need you. I need you. I need a hand."

Then with a wave of her hand, Mercedes sang, "I am changing. Seeing everything so clear."

Then they both sang, "I am changing. I'm gonna start right now, right here, but I need a friend to help me start all over again."

Then Mercedes sang, "Oh, that would be just fine." After Kurt sang 'hey', Mercedes sang, "I know it's gonna work out."

Then they both sang, "This time." After Mercedes sang 'hey', they sang, "'Cause this time I am, this time I am... I am changing. I'll get my life together now. Oh, I am changing."

While Christian only raised his eyebrows in response, Mercedes sang 'yes, I know how' before they both sang, "I'm gonna start again." After Mercedes turned to the Glee Clubbers and alums and sang 'I'm gonna leave my past behind', they both sang, "I'll change my life."

Then Mercedes sang, "I'll make a vow."

As they turned to look at each other, Kurt and Mercedes sang, "And nothing's gonna stop me now..."

* * *

While Santana and Rachel were singing together in the choir room, Christian was leading Stephanie towards the bleachers out by the football field with a guitar in hand.