forty | new york

Kurt told them, "A year and a half ago, the New Directions were nothing but a group of six misfits, stumbling their way through a horrific rendition of 'Sit Down, You're Rocking the Boat'

Kurt told them, "A year and a half ago, the New Directions were nothing but a group of six misfits, stumbling their way through a horrific rendition of 'Sit Down, You're Rocking the Boat'. Now here we are, at the top of the show choir heap: Nationals!"

Tina said, "I want to hit up Central Park, get my frolic on."

Noah said, "I want to throw stuff off the Brooklyn Bridge."

Christian told them, "I just want to make sure Puck doesn't somehow manage to get himself arrested before we perform at Nationals."

Finn said to them, "You guys, hold on. I mean, we still have two songs to write."

Kurt replied as he looked over at Finn, "Okay, Mr. Bossy Pants." Then he looked over at the others as he said, "But I think we might have some time for a tune before we leave."

Then Kurt sang with a mere shake of his head, "Start spreading the news."

Then a couple of the others, including Christian, sang, "I'm leaving today. I want to be a part of it. New York, New York..."

Then Rachel walked up to them and said, "Guys, I have news."

With wide eyes, Christian leaned forward and asked, "Did Jesse get hit by a car?"

With furrowed eyebrows, Rachel replied, "What? No. He's fine. Or at least I think he is." Then she looked at the other Glee Clubbers as she said, "To celebrate our impending win at Nationals, I got us all fourteen tickets to Broadway's longest-running show ever, Cats."

While Brittany said 'yeah, you did', Quinn said to Rachel, "You might want to check the dates on those tickets, Rachel, because Cats closed about eleven years ago."

With a nod of her head, Rachel told them, "He did seem crazy. Charged my credit card by swiping it through his butt-crack."

In response to hearing Rachel's words, Christian did nothing but stare at her with a blank look on his face and an eyebrow raised.

* * *

After lowering the menu, Kurt asked them, "Do you know that I can get ahi tartare and a steak sandwich at three in the morning from their all-night dining menu? I feel like Eloise."

Brittany told him, "I have pills for that."

Then Mr. Schuester said to them, "Alright, guys, this is your time. Now, you are all on lockdown till you finish writing our songs for Nationals. I want at least two solid verses by the time I get back."

Tina asked him, "Aren't you going to help us?"

Mr. Schuester replied, "I, um.. I will be back and read your amazing creations and give notes, but right now, I have to head to the theater to, uh, fill out some paperwork."