forty six | i kissed a girl

With his head tilted to the side, Christian kept his eyes on Finn, who was writing a couple of words onto the whiteboard, while Mercedes asked, "Can someone tell us what's going on, please?"

After he turned to face them, Finn said, "This week, the Trouble Tones and New Directions will both be singing music created by ladies and for ladies." After Santana said 'oh, hell no', Finn said, "Next week, all of us will be going to Sectionals, and one of us is probably gonna win. But, Santana, we're worried about you."

Santana replied, "Worry about yourself, fetus face."

While Christian did nothing but chuckle to himself in response, Finn said, "Glee's about learning how to accept yourself for who you are, no matter what other people think. And that's what this music is all about."

Santana asked him, "So, wait, I don't even get a say in this? Not cool."

Finn told Santana, "Everybody in this room knows about you and Brittany. And we don't judge you for it. We celebrate it because it's who you are. Look, I know not everybody outside of this room is as accepting and cool, but we're doing this assignment this week so that you know in this rotten, stinking mean world that you at least have a group of people who will support your choice to be whoever you want to be. That's it. That's what we're doing here." Then he turned his head and said, "Blaine? Kurt?"

After Blaine and Kurt got out of their seats and made their way to stand in front of the room, Blaine said, "Santana, Kurt and I have a song we like to sing to each other in the car. And we want to sing that for you right now."

Santana replied, "While there's nothing I'd love more than having two Pretty Ponies serenade me, I think we'd get further staging a 'gel-ervention' for Blaine than singing lady music."

With a nod of his head, Kurt said to her, "I know it's hard. It was hard for me, too. But you can get through this."

With a nod of his own head, Blaine said, "If you could just stop being so defensive."

Santana told them, "I'm trying, but your hideous bow ties are provoking me."

While Christian did nothing but chuckle to himself in response, Noah asked, "Wait, are we talking lady on lady or girl on girl? 'Cause there's a big difference."

Before scoffing to himself, Mr. Schuester turned to Noah and said to him, "Puck, focus, okay?" Then he looked back at Kurt and Blaine before he asked, "Kurt, Blaine, why don't you, uh, kick us off with what you got?"

Just as the intro to the song started to play, Kurt sang, "Made a wrong turn once or twice. Dug my way out, blood and fire. Bad decisions, that's alright. Welcome to my silly life. Mistreated, misplaced, misunderstood. Miss No-way-it's-all-good. It didn't slow me down. Mistaken, always second-guessing. Underestimated, look, I'm still around."

After Blaine made his way back over to Kurt, they both sang, "Pretty, pretty please. Don't you ever, ever feel like you're less than, less than perfect. Pretty, pretty please. If you ever, ever feel like you're nothing, you are perfect to me." Then they both said as Blaine walked towards the other side of Kurt, "The whole world stared, so I swallowed the fear. The only thing I should be drinking is an ice-cold beer. So cool in lying, and we try, try, try, but we tried too hard, and it's a waste of my time. Done looking for the critics 'cause they're everywhere. They don't like my jeans, they don't get my hair. Strange ourselves, and we do it all the time. Why do we do that?"