twenty five | the rocky horror glee show

While seated beside Brittany, Kurt asked her, "So what are you gonna be for Halloween this year?"

Brittany told him, "I'm going as a peanut allergy."

While Christian's eyebrows furrowed as he started to wonder how someone could dress up as a peanut allergy, Mr. Schuester entered the choir room and said to them, "Great news, guys. I've had a little inspiration. This week's musical lesson isn't really a lesson. It's a musical."

Rachel raised her head and whispered to herself, "Oh, please be Evita, please be Evita..."

It was then that he told them, "Rocky Horror."

While Christian only rolled his eyes in response, Finn said, "I've never seen it."

Then Rachel said, "Mr. Shue." When Mr. Schuester said 'yep', she told him, "While I admire your choice for the groundbreaking seventies musical, aren't you worried that the adult themes might be a point of controversy?"

Kurt said to him, "Seriously. A school in Texas couldn't even do Rent. It caused an outrage and they had to cancel the show."

Mr. Schuester asked them, "Isn't that the whole point of the arts? Pushing boundaries, doing things people say you can't do for the sake of self-expression? Look, I got it all figured out. I cut out some of the more risqué sections. And I'm sending home permission slips to all your parents to make sure that they're okay with it. And we're going to charge admission and use the proceeds to help pay for transportation to nationals in New York."

It was then that Christian raised his hand and said, "Yeah, there's a little bit of a problem in that whole thing you just said, Schuester."

With furrowed eyebrows, Mr. Schuester asked him, "And what problem would that be, Christian?"

Christian told him, "I don't live with my parents. I live with my uncle, just as I have been doing since I first joined the school."

Mr. Schuester replied, "That's not a problem at all. You could still shoot them a text and ask them to sign the permission slip for you."

Christian snorted to himself before he said, "Yeah, like that's going to happen." Just before Mr. Schuester had the chance to respond, Christian asked, "Do you have, like, selective hearing and memory or something? Because let me break it down for you, Schuester. My parents hate me. They've hated me for as long as I could remember and any time I so much as asked them to either allow me to do something or to do something that could actually help me with something, the most they would do was laugh in my face and then go ahead and do just about every single thing Jesse asked of them. So what the hell could possibly make you think that they would sign this permission slip just by going ahead and asking them, despite not talking to them since I was expelled from Carmel shortly before I started to attend this school last year?"

With a wave of his hand, Mr. Schuester said, "Then ask your uncle to sign it for you."

After scoffing to himself, Christian replied, "You're joking, right? The man barely tolerates me as is. The only reason he does tolerate me and actually lets me live with him is because the only thing we actually have in common is our hatred for my parents and the way they treat anyone that they don't see as an equal."