nineteen | funk

While he went down the hallway with Mercedes, Artie, Tina and Kurt, Christian stared down at his phone to try and make sense of the text Jesse had sent him a couple minutes ago

For the life of him, he couldn't quite understand why Jesse texted him saying he was sorry.

Throughout his entire fourteen years of life, Jesse had never ever apologized to him, so he couldn't help but wonder what made him actually apologize for once after all these years.

As Christian tried to understand the meaning behind the text Jesse had sent him, Mercedes asked, "Is it just me, or does it feel like we have a real shot at Regionals next month?"

Artie told her, "The Ohio Show Choir chat rooms have all been buzzing about how Vocal Adrenaline has lost a step."

Kurt replied, "I agree-- the judges know all of their tricks and now that we have Jesse, they've lost their best performer."

It was then that Rachel quickly ran out in front of them and said, "You guys have to come to the auditorium-- it's an emergency!"

* * *

The second the six of them entered the auditorium, Christian walked over to Noah and asked, "Hey, what the hell is going on here?"

Noah did nothing but nod over towards the stage, just as Rachel said, "Jesse? What are you doing up there with them?"

As Christian slowly looked up at the stage and couldn't help it when his mouth fell open upon seeing Jesse standing on the stage with Christian's former classmates, Jesse told Rachel, "I've transferred back to Carmel High, Rachel. I'm sorry that it's come to this, but you guys were awful to me. You never accepted me, you never listened to my clearly superior ideas."

After a couple seconds of him being silent, Christian quietly said to him, "I accepted you."

Jesse quickly looked over at Christian and saw the frown that was on his face and how his eyebrows were furrowed as he stared up at Jesse.

It was only when Finn asked 'why are you here in our auditorium' that Jesse looked back at the other Glee Clubbers and told them, "The blogs and the chat rooms say that we're finished, and that you guys are ripe to topple us. We just wanted to show you a little something we came up with a few days ago to see if you agree with that assessment."

While Christian repeatedly looked between the floor, Jesse and his former classmates and tried to make sense of what was happening, the boys in Vocal Adrenaline sang 'bom-bom-bom' before Jesse sang, "Ooh, let's go. Steve walks warily down the street with the brim pulled way down low. Ain't no sound but the sound of his feet, machine gun's ready to go. Are you ready?" The boys sang 'hey' before Jesse sang, "Are you ready for this? Are you hanging on the edge of your seat? Out of the doorway the bullets rip. To the sound of the beat."