eighty seven | the hurt locker, part 2

Just as Christian went to leave yet another detention he was given, thanks to Principal Sylvester, who wanted him close to her at all times in order for him to do her bidding, he suddenly stopped when he saw Kitty Wilde step in front of him with h...

Just as Christian went to leave yet another detention he was given, thanks to Principal Sylvester, who wanted him close to her at all times in order for him to do her bidding, he suddenly stopped when he saw Kitty Wilde step in front of him with her arms crossed over her chest and an eyebrow raised.

After raising an eyebrow of his own, Christian asked her, "Does Sylvester know you're here?"

Kitty replied, "No, she doesn't." After a couple seconds of silence, she asked him, "Does she know that you're getting out of yet another detention?"

After scoffing to himself, he said, "Of course she does. After all, she was the one who saw to it that instead of getting me suspended that I would just end up being given detentions so she could have a close eye on me at all times during the school day. Now, what do you want?" When she didn't respond, he slightly raised his head as he said, "I doubt that Sylvester would be happy with her current head cheerleader talking with her apparent secret weapon when she made it quite clear that she didn't want you, me and Stephanie anywhere near each other ever since Tina and the others graduated from here."

Kitty told him, "I don't care what she wants. It was because of her that everyone but you, me and Stephanie were forced out of the school and the fact that we've been separated from each other for a year now."

With a shrug, Christian said to her, "Fair enough." As he went to cross his arms over his chest, he said, "You still haven't answered my question."

Kitty replied, "I'm here to get you to rejoin the glee club."

As he slowly eyed her, he asked, "Did Berry put you up to this?" When Kitty didn't respond, he chuckled before he said, "Of course she did. Well, you can go and tell Berry that I'm not interested in joining her frickin' club."

After Christian turned his back on the Cheerio and started to walk away from her, he suddenly stopped when she said, "Stephanie will be there."

Christian stared ahead of himself with narrowed eyes as he said, "You're lying."

Kitty replied, "I'm not."

With a shake of his head, he said, "I don't believe you." When Kitty only sighed in response, he told her, "Either you get Stephanie to come and tell me this herself, or you can count me out of rejoining that damn club."

It was then that he heard a voice say from behind him, "She's not lying, Christian."

Christian quickly turned around to find Stephanie staring at him with her head tilted to the side and a small smile on her face.

After silently staring at the girl that he couldn't so much as be anywhere near ever since Principal Sylvester sent their former classmates to other schools, Christian looked down at the floor as a smile started to make its way onto his face.

It wasn't until he felt a pair of arms wrap themselves around him that Christian looked up to see Stephanie, whose face was buried in his chest, before he quickly wrapped his own arms around her and rested his head on the top of her head, while his smile only became wider the longer he had her in his arms.