seventy seven | tina in the sky with diamonds

Christian did nothing but sigh to himself when he heard Principal Sylvester say over the intercom, "Good afternoon, McKinley High

Christian did nothing but sigh to himself when he heard Principal Sylvester say over the intercom, "Good afternoon, McKinley High. This year, all the proms are being fused into one giant Brundleprom."

With her eyes furrowed, Marley asked, "What's a Brundleprom?"

Jake said to himself, "I don't get that reference."

With a snap of his fingers, Ryder said, "That's from The Fly."

Principal Sylvester told them, "And now for the moment that will crush ninety-nine percent of your misguided views about your own popularity. Here are your nominees for Prom King and Queen. First, here are your nominees for Prom King: Blaine Anderson... Mohamed Omar, Artie Abrams... Christian St. James... and 'Stoner' Brett Bukowski."

Sam asked them, "Wait, I-I really didn't get nominated for king?" Then he gestured towards Christian as he asked, "And why the hell did Christian get voted in? He's only a frickin' sophomore."

With a sigh, Christian replied, "I don't know what to tell you, buddy."

Then Principal Sylvester said, "And now onto the Queen. Kitty Wilde."

Kitty said to herself as she clapped her hands, "But I'm a sophomore."

Principal Sylvester said in the intercom, "...Aimee Ryan... Jordan Stern. And, inexplicably, Tina Cohen-Chang."

Christian raised his eyebrows as Tina stood from her seat and yelled, "Yes! Yes! Oh, my God, yes!"

Principal Sylvester told them, "Congratulations. Six of you will be disappointed."

The only thing Christian could do was frown to himself as he wondered just who the hell decided to vote him in as a potential Prom King out of all the seniors in the school.

* * *

As soon as Tina saw all the posters for Kitty's campaign posted on every square inch in the hallway, Tina said, "Kitty?" As she quickly walked towards the Cheerio, she yelled, "This is unbelievable!"

Dottie said to herself, "Unbelievable."

While Christian simply stood behind Kitty with his back against a wall and his arms crossed over his chest as he stared at the posters with his head tilted to the side, Kitty told Tina, "Tina, I didn't put these up. That's not even me. That's my head Photoshopped onto Olivia Munn."

Tina replied, "Oh, please. I should've known that when you weirdly said you'd support me, it was just some classic backstabby, gaslighty Kitty mind game."

Then Ryder walked up to them and asked Kitty, "Hey, uh, what's with these posters? I thought you were supporting Tina."

It was then that Artie asked her, "And why is your head Photoshopped onto Olivia Munn's body from February 2011?" When everyone else from the Glee Club and Dotty looked over at him, he said, "What? I read Maxim."

Then Blaine said, "Don't worry, Tina. Come on."

As everyone but Christian and Artie walked away from Kitty, Artie said to her, "This is Tina's one big chance to finally get what she wants."

As Artie wheeled himself away and left just Christian and Kitty standing there, Kitty asked, "Why does no one believe me?" After looking back at one of her posters, she said, "Oh, right. The habitual lying."

While Christian continued to silently eye one of Kitty's posters, Kitty let out a groan before she started to tear more posters of herself off of the walls in the hallway.

It wasn't until Kitty had left the hallway and left Christian to stand by himself that he shook his head to himself before he said, "I honestly don't see why someone would do this. I mean, Olivia Munn's body doesn't even match Kitty's skin tone."

After groaning to himself, he walked away from one of the posters and was unaware that one new addition to the Cheerios was staring after him with her arms crossed over her chest.

* * *

While speaking into the microphone, Principal Sylvester said, "Congratulations, New Directions, on accomplishing the impossible: you've made me hate the Beatles. And on that note, I would like to thank Stephanie and the Incredible Hulk for not finding anything else I could possibly hate about this night." While Christian only rolled his eyes in response, which got many to eye the seventeen-year-old nominee for Prom King, Principal Sylvester told them, "Your nominations from Prom King are: Stoner Brett, Blaine Anderson, Artie Abrams, the Incredible Hulk, and that Radical Cleric kid."

While Christian only sighed in response, Principal Sylvester said, "And now your nominees for Prom Queen: Neck-brace Cheerio, Asian number one, Kitty I-forget-your-last-name, and... some other chick. And now here's the moment you've all been waiting for because your lives are so devoid of meaning something like this seems very important. This can't be right. Okay, what the hell do I care, huh? Your Prom King and Prom Queen are..." After a drumroll was heard, Principal Sylvester told them, "Stoner Brett and Tina Cohen-Chang."

While slowly making sure he got off the stage without anyone bothering to stop him, Christian watched as a crown was put on Tina's head before she was handed a bouquet of flowers.

He didn't care about anyone's opinion about what he was doing, nor did he care about not getting voted for Prom King.

He had a good enough reason to not want to be Prom King, which was exactly why he refused to put up any campaign posters, despite the amount of times he saw ones with his face on it, anyways.

Just as Christian started to get off the stage, he suddenly stopped when he heard Kitty yell 'no', which got him to turn his head just in time to see an entire bucket of a red slushy land directly onto Tina and cover her from head to toe.

With a grimace, Christian brought a hand up to his mouth as he said, "Oh, damn."

A couple seconds after Christian said that, Stoner Brett said, "What the hell?"

It was then that a bucket fell from high above them and hit Stoner Brett on the head, which got him to fall onto his knees before he landed on his side.

It took every ounce of strength Christian had in himself not to just start laughing the second Stoner Brett fell onto the floor of the stage.

Instead, he just watched as the other Glee Clubbers quickly went after Tina before he looked back over at Stoner Brett, who was still lying on the floor of the stage.

And all Christian could do was tilt his head as he eyed the unconscious recently voted Prom King.