fifty four | saturday night glee-ver

While Christian simply stared at the white tiles covering the majority of the choir room floor, Brittany entered the choir room and asked, "Did someone steal our floor?"

It was then that Mr. Schuester said to her, "Don't worry, we'll have it back by the end of the week. In the meantime, Sue has lent us her..."

Then Coach Sylvester told them, "... my very own personal, one-of-a-kind, lit-from-within, shatterproof, Plexiglas dance floor. Modeled, of course, on the dance floor immortalized by a young, musky John Travolta at the height of his potency in the legendary dansical Saturday Night Fever."

Rachel replied, "Coach Sylvester, while we applaud your proper use of the terminology, we told Mr. Shue we do not support disco in this room."

Mr. Schuester said to her, "Ah, but some of you do. So for this week's assignment, we are going back in time... to the songs of Saturday Night Fever."

Finn replied, "Come on, Mr. Shue. That's, like, a record our parents listen to."

Coach Sylvester told Finn, "Uh, that album, teen Solomon Grundy, is one of the best-selling soundtracks of all time."

Mr. Schuester said to them, "Tony Manero's story is your story. He's a guy who works at a paint store, struggling to figure out his life. And the only time he feels sure about himself is when he's performing on the dance floor. He has a dream. To get out of his old neighborhood in Brooklyn and get to New York City. And by the end of the movie, that's what he's done. He's turned his dream into a plan."

Kurt asked them, "So why the dance floor?"

Coach Sylvester replied, "Well, Porcelain, because we're going to start with a dance-off. And the winner will receive a replica of John Travolta's iconic white polyester suit, which I am having a cadre of expert Viennese tailors painstakingly reproduce."

It was then that Kurt yelled, "Oh, my God, I need that suit!"

Mike said, "Oh, I bet that's worth a lot of money."

With a nod of his head, Noah said, "I would totally put that suit on... eBay."

Mercedes asked them, "So you just want us to start dancing like Soul Train-style?"

Mr. Schuester told them, "Uh, no, actually, Sue and I will start us off. We actually met with Joe and Blaine beforehand. Just get up when you're ready. And everyone has to participate. Everyone, Puck. Alright, hit it."

After the two faculty members went in a circle, they suddenly stopped with Coach Sylvester standing behind Mr. Schuester, who sang, "Listen to the ground, there is movement all around. There is something goin' down, and I can feel it. On the waves of the air, there is dancin' out there. If it's somethin' we can share, we can steal it."

Then Blaine and Joe walked up onto the dance floor, while Joe sang, "And that sweet city woman, she moves through the light, controlling my mind and my soul. When you reach out for me, yeah, and the feelin' is bright."