seventy four | lights out

While the other Glee Clubbers went towards their seats, Ryder asked, "Hey, Kitty, who are you texting? Let me see your phone

While the other Glee Clubbers went towards their seats, Ryder asked, "Hey, Kitty, who are you texting? Let me see your phone."

Kitty told him, "I'm playing 4 Pics 1 Word, weirdo stalker. Do I need to get a restraining order?"

As soon as Ryder looked over at Stephanie, Christian said to him, "Not happening, Ryder."

Just as Ryder was about to respond, Mr. Schuester entered the choir room and told them, "Guys, we got a problem. Her name is Frida Romero. With regionals only a few weeks away, I went to scout out the competition. The Hoosierdaddies have a secret weapon. She's a tiny little sophomore, never competed before, but her voice could fill an arena. I mean, i-it's big. And the only way to beat them is to be huge. I'm talking stadium huge. Epic songs that will blow the heads off of a hundred-thousand people at a time."

It was then that the lights in the room started to dim until there was nothing but complete darkness in the room.

With a raise of his eyebrows, Cameron said, "Well, that happened."

Kitty turned to Cameron and told him, "You seriously need to stop hanging around Christian so much."

Instead of responding to Kitty like he normally would have done, the only thing Christian did was raise three fingers before allowing them to slowly fall as he said, "Three. Two. One."

As soon as he said one, Sam said, "Zombie apocalypse."

Then Wade turned to Sam and said to him with a hand raised, "Or Beyoncé's halftime show."

It was then that Principal Figgins said over the intercom, "Children, this power outage is not an emergency. Nor is it an excuse to go wilding through the hallways. While we're investigating the root of this near calamity, classes will continue and your brains are to remain in the on positions. If the darkness persists, candles and flashlights will be distributed based on grade point average. I now have to turn off the P.A. system so I can save our precious generator resources for the coffee machine and my plug-in lower back vibrator."

With a hand on his head, Mr. Schuester said, "Okay, that puts a damper on our stadium songs. Time for a new appropriate lesson. Ladies and gentlemen, it's unplugged week."

* * *

From where he was seated in front of all of them, Ryder said, "I know these songs are supposed to be unplugged, but I asked Mr. Shue permission to do a full orchestration."

With a wave of his hand, Mr. Schuester said, "Which I gladly agreed to, because Ryder eloquently told me that what he wanted to unplug were his feelings."

Ryder told them, "I want to really reveal myself through this song. And frankly, I think I kind of need the support to get there. I'd like to dedicate this song to all of us and for all the slushies-- real and proverbial-- that we've all taken to the face over the years."