thirty three | comeback

With his arms crossed over his chest, Christian said, "You're joking, right?" When Mr

With his arms crossed over his chest, Christian said, "You're joking, right?" When Mr. Schuester didn't respond, Christian asked, "Am I, like, missing some sort of punchline here? Because I don't find this funny. At all."

When Mr. Schuester only sighed in response, Tina said, "This cannot be happening."

Artie replied, "Yeah, this seems like a terrible idea."

Mr. Schuester said to them, "Guys, it's not up for discussion, okay? Now, it's no secret that Coach Sylvester has taken her licks..."

It was then that Santana said, "I mean, just wanky."

While Christian only chuckled to himself in response, despite the look Coach Sylvester was giving him and Santana, Mr. Schuester said to them, "And I believe she could use a little sympathy from us."

While Christian just started to laugh in response to Mr. Schuester's words, Mercedes replied, "Sympathy? From us? Uh-uh."

Quinn said to him, "Yeah, all she's ever done is make our lives miserable."

With her arms crossed over her chest, Santana said, "She got exactly what she deserved."

Coach Sylvester said to Santana, "You're lucky I left my blowgun at home, Airbags, 'cause I got a clear shot at your nonnies."

While Christian only sighed to himself in response, Mr. Schuester said to them, "Guys, Coach Sylvester has had her recent setbacks, but she is a proven champion. Now, we could do worse than to have that kind of a winning record in our midst."

After scoffing to himself, Christian asked, "What winning record? Didn't she lose her chance at having a seventh executive trophy or some crap? What good would she be to us?"

While Mr. Schuester gave him a pointed look, Coach Sylvester said to them, "Let me break it down for you. I am no longer a threat to you people. Alright? I'm just hoping that your singing and dancing around will pull me out of my doldrums and give me a reason to live. Is that too much to ask?"

While Christian said 'yes', Mr. Schuester told them, "Guys, it's settled. Sue's going to be with us for the week. Now... I received an envelope in the mail today. We know that we're facing Kurt and the Warblers at Regionals." While Coach Sylvester said 'Sweet Porcelain', which got Christian to look over at her with furrowed eyebrows, Mr. Schuester said, "And it looks like this year, we face Aural Intensity again."

After sighing to herself, Mercedes said, "They cleaned our clock last year."

Mr. Schuester said to them, "Seems like the governing board has assigned a theme to this year's Regionals, and part of our score will be based upon how well we interpret it. This year's theme-- 'Anthem'. Now, who can tell us what an anthem is?"

It was then that Brittany said, "The bottom of an ant's pants."

Mr. Schuester replied, "So close. So close. No. An anthem is an epic song, filled with a groundswell of emotion that somehow seems bigger than itself. Even bigger than the person performing it."

Sam raised his hand and said, "Mr. Shue?"

Mr. Schuester said to him, "Oh, hey, Sam, I didn't even notice your new haircut."

Sam replied as he made his way towards the front of the room, "Yeah. I've been working on a new image to go with my new one-man band, The Justin Bieber Experience."

Simultaneously, both Quinn and Christian said, "You've got to be kidding me."

It was then that Noah told Sam, "Dude. That haircut makes your mouth look even bigger."

While Christian simply chuckled to himself in response to Noah's words, Coach Sylvester turned to Noah and said to him, "Let her speak."

Sam said to them, "Laugh all you want, but that kid's an epic talent, and there's a number I've been working on that I've been wanting to show off. And I think it qualifies as an anthem, because it's just hugely emotional, and sums up our generation."

Mr. Schuester replied, "Alright. Let's hear it, buddy."

After Mr. Schuester sat down, Sam grabbed a guitar and started to play on it before he sang, "Oh, whoa, whoa. Oh, whoa, oh. Oh, whoa, whoa. You know you love me, I know you care."

It was then that Christian quickly said 'nope' before he grabbed his things and practically ran out of the choir room, which got both Noah and Santana to stare after Christian's disappearing figure with furrowed eyebrows and frowns on their faces, while Mr. Schuester simply shook his head to himself in response to the fifteen-year-old's actions.

* * *

The second Christian walked into the choir room and saw the hoodie Finn was wearing and the fact that he was flipping his hair around, he walked up to Finn and said to him, "Do that with your hair again, and I'll make sure you won't have any more frickin' hair to flip around on your head."

Just as Finn was about to respond, Christian started to walk over to his seat, while Mr. Schuester said to them, "Okay, guys and gals! And Sue. It's the moment we've all been waiting for. Our next diva-off. So here they are, sure to give us a fantastic anthem, Mercedes and Rachel. Let's give it up!"

It was then that Rachel got out of her seat and made her way towards the front of the room before she said, "Uh, after much argument, I finally convinced Mercedes that in order to do a proper diva-off, it has to come from the Broadway catalogue. Which I think is safe to say that that gives me a home field advantage, so..."

Mercedes replied, "Oh, well, you're about to get beat on your own turf."

Then Rachel turned towards the band and said, "Hit it."

After a couple seconds of the intro being played, Mercedes sang 'yeah' before Rachel sang, "Yeah." After Mercede sang 'ooh', Rachel sang, "Every single day, I walk down the street. I hear people say 'baby's so sweet'. Ever since puberty, everybody stares at me. Boys, girls, I can't help it, baby. So be kind and don't lose your mind. Just remember that I'm your baby."

Then Mercedes took a step forward and sang, "Take me for what I am, who I was meant to be."

After rolling her eyes, Rachel sang 'and if you give a damn' before she and Mercedes sang, "Take me, baby, or leave me."

While Mercedes went to walk around her, Rachel sang, "Take me, baby, or leave me."

After she stopped in front of Rachel, Mercedes sang, "A tiger in a cage can never see the sun. This diva needs her stage, baby, let's have fun. You are the one I choose. Folks would kill to fill your shoes. You'll love the limelight, too. Now, baby, so be mine, and don't waste my time crying, 'Oh, honey bear, are you still my, my, my baby.'"

Then Rachel stepped in front of Mercedes with her arms open wide as she sang, "Take me for what I am."

After taking a step towards Rachel and turning to face her, Mercedes sang, "Who I was meant to be."

After they sang 'and if you give a damn', Mercedes sang, "Take me, baby, or leave me. No way can I be what I'm not."

As they started to circle around each other, Rachel sang, "But, hey, don't you want your girl hot?"

Mercedes sang as she made her way in front of Rachel again, "Don't fight, don't lose your head."

After getting into Mercedes' face, Rachel sang, "'Cause every night, who's in your bed?"

Then they sang, "Take me for what I am, who I was meant to be. And if you give a damn, you better take me, baby, or leave me. Take me, baby. Or leave me. Yes, I'm leaving. I'm gone."

While just about everyone clapped, Christian said, "God, that was so much better than that frickin' Justin Bieber Experience crap."

It was then that Coach Sylvester asked, "Hey, where's the hate?"

Mr. Schuester replied, "Not the point of Glee Club, Sue."