thirteen | the power of madonna

After writing 'Madonna' on the whiteboard, Mr

After writing 'Madonna' on the whiteboard, Mr. Schuester turned to the Glee Clubbers as he asked them, "What comes to mind when you see that name?"

With a shake of her head, Rachel said, "Genius."

With a smile on his face, Kurt said, "Icon."

Noah said, "Hall of Fame MILF."

While Christian only chuckled to himself as he shook his head at Noah's words, Mr. Schuester replied, "So, we're all aware of Madonna's musical and cultural significance, which is why this week, your assignment is to come up with a Madonna number."

While Christian only smirked to himself, Noah said to Mr. Schuester, "Uh, Mr. Shue? As a dude, Madonna makes me kind of uncomfortable."

While Christian's eyebrows furrowed at Noah's words, Finn asked, "Yeah, she's smokin' and everything, but can't some of us do something else? Like the guy version of Madonna? Like, you know, Pantera?"

While Christian turned to Finn and said 'dude, no', Mr. Schuester said to them, "Guys! You know, it's come to my attention that many of you haven't been treating the young ladies of our group very nicely lately. You're disrespectful, bullying, sexist, and I hate to say it, misogynistic."

With furrowed eyebrows, Christian scoffed and said, "I haven't even said anything. I don't really talk to anyone here, unless it's completely necessary."

While Mr. Schuester only sighed to himself, Finn said, "I have no idea what that means."

Brittany told them, "When I pulled my hamstring, I went to a misogynist."

After a mere shake of his head, Mr. Schuester said, "What it means is, put yourself in their shoes for a change. Culturally, Madonna's legacy transcends her music, because by and large, the subtext of her songs are about being strong, independent and-and confident, no matter what your sex. But more than anything, Madonna's musical message is about equality. And that is something I think you guys need to work on."

With a sigh, Christian said, "Again, I don't really talk to anyone here, so..."

Just before Mr. Schuester had a chance to respond, Kurt raised his hand and said, "Mr. Shue, I don't think we can have an honest conversation about Ms. Ciccone without acknowledging that her images are as indelible as her songs. I would like to honor her contributions by tackling a multimedia project with Mercedes."

Mr. Schuester replied, "Great. Go for it, Kurt."

Noah told Mr. Schuester, "I'm still not down." While Christian said 'no one cares', Noah said, "And no chick intimidates Puckzilla. I just don't think her music translates to show choir."

Rachel replied, "Really? Well I, for one, couldn't disagree more."

With a raised eyebrow, Christian watched as Rachel walked to one of the band members and whispered in his ear before she stood in the middle of the room and sang, "Come on, girls! Do you believe in love? 'Cause I got something to say about it, and it goes something like this."