019

V A D A

Me and Harry say a quick goodbye to Faith, rushing out of my apartment complex so we are not too late. 

I quickly hop into the passengers seat of Harry's car and laugh as Harry almost falls rushing over to the drivers side. After he got in, he waisted no time stepping on the gas and almost speeding down the streets of LA. 

Almost 20 minutes later and Harry accidentally running through a red light, we made it to the place they are performing at. Harry opens my door for me and I thank him as I step out of the car, keys and phone in hand. 

Harry intertwines our fingers together as we start walking. As we get closer to where ever Harry is taking me, I can see the stage and many other things around. There must be over like 50 people just working here. 

I swear, they were everywhere. 

Body guards, people setting up chairs and people running around to do whatever task they where told to do.

 I hear Harry laugh and look over at him to see him shaking his head as he looks away from me. 

"What?" I ask, laughing. He looks at me and flashes me his smile, deep dimples popping out of his cheeks. 

"Nothing, it's just fun to see you take in this new... set up?" He says unsure. I shake my head at him and laugh as we continue to walk around the outdoor venue, our hands locked.

Suddenly, he walks into a gated area with trailers and security everywhere.

 I'm assuming this is where the guys will be getting ready. 

In the middle of the trailers, there is a white tent, not too big but big enough to fit a good amount of people. Just as I think Harry is going to take us to the tent, he suddenly makes a turn and steps up the stairs of one of the trailers.

 As I walk beside him, I realize that the door has a sign with Harry's name on it hanging from a hook. We walked into the trailer and it was completely empty except for the furniture. 

"Where are the guys?" I ask. He laughs and throws his jacket on the small leather couch against one of the walls. 

"They are either in their trailers or in the tent. I just have to change and put away some things, put whatever you want down in here." He says and then walks into a different part of the trailer, which is much bigger then it looks. 

"Do you guys do this a lot?" I ask while putting my phone and keys down on the table across from the couch. 

"Do what?" He shouts back from somewhere in the trailer. 

"Outdoor performances and stuff?" I say. 

"When we do pop up shows the set up is like this. Don't worry baby, I know my way around." He says, suddenly in my vision as I turn around to face him. 

I see he is still wearing the same black skinny jeans but is now wearing a short sleeve shirt instead of a hoodie.He is wearing a Rolling Stones shirt and his black jeans have small rips near the knees. As I meet his eyes again, I notice he is tying something around his head.

 A deep camo green bandana I think it is? 

"Now that I'm ready for the show, you come with me so I can show you around a bit!" He smiles. He holds his hand out and I take it as we make our way out of the empty trailer. 

We pass by the rest of the boys' trailers but they where all empty so Harry told me it was because they where in the tent. We finally teach the white tent in the middle of the gated area and walk through the opening of the tent. 

Once we walk in, I see a bunch of instruments and speakers and then about 2 old leather couches that are filled with the guys. 

My eyes firstly meet Niall's and he jumps up from his seat. He runs over to me and Harry and smiles. 

"Thank god you guys are here! We've got sound check in 5 minutes and we've come to realize it's boring when Vada's not here!" Niall says, smiling. Then, all the boy start coming over.  

"Told you so." Harry whispers in my ear making me laugh before hugging each of them boys. 

"Vada, this is your first backstage show! Excited or nervous?" Liam asks making me laugh. I shrug my shoulders and smile. 

"Excited to see you guys play, you should be nervous cause I can be very judgemental!" I joke, making everyone laugh. 

"We've been doing this for years, we don't get nervous anymore!" Niall jokes back.

"Have ya turned her into a fan yet, Harry?" Louis asks, playfully shoving my arm with his as he does. 

"I tried so don't get pissed!" Harry says, half joking. 

Suddenly, a short middle aged man dressed in black dress pants and a black t-shirt with a head set in his ears walks in. 

"Boys!" He shouts "Sound check! Let's go!" 

They all nod and the short man runs out. Harry's hand connects with mine again and Niall throws his arm lazily around my shoulder as we walk out of the tent. 

Each of the boys take their time, not listening to the short man whatsoever, to tell me all the parts of the outdoor venue so I don't get lost even though I told them I wasn't going anywhere. 

Once we got to the stage platforms we all walk up the steps and to backstage. It was very small backstage. There where amps everywhere, both backstage and on stage. I see a bunch of instruments on stage with people getting ready to play them. 

Once I walked to the very edge off where the backstage ends and the stage begins, I stop. All the boy except Harry run on the stage, grabbing a microphone. 

"You can stay here and watch sound check if you'd like, it only takes half hour and then we can go back to the tent before the show." Harry tells me before kissing my cheek and running on the stage, grabbing a microphone like the rest of his bandmates. 

Harry was right though, sound check was short and run because not long after, we where back in the tent goofing off.

Definitely something I can get used to.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, this is who I imagine James to play (Giovanni Ribisi)