021

V A D A

"Bye Vay!" Liam says as we pull away from the short, friendly hug. 

"Bye, Li." I replied, half smiling. 

"Bye Lucky, see you around!" Niall said, hugging me quickly before running off to catch up with Louis, Liam and Zayn. 

I've tried, I've tried so hard to stop thinking about what might happen when Harry goes back on tour but ever time I look at Harry or even blink, a horrible thought is suddenly taking up my head space. 

Harry opens the car door for me, letting me get in before he runs off to his side and gets in. He starts the engine and makes his way out of the parking lot. 

"Do you want to get food, babe?" He asks me. 

"Um, I don't really care, you pick." I softly say, biting my nails out of anxiousness. 

Harry stops at a red light and turns to look at me, eyebrows furrowed more than usual as the red tint from the street light shines on the right side of his face. I looked at him for a couple seconds before breaking eye contact and looking out the window instead. I could feel Harry's eyes burning into the back of my head until the light turned green and he pressed the gas pedal. 

"Would you like me to drop you off at your apartment or would you like to come to mine again?" He asks me.

I check the time through my phone to see it's about 9:30. 

"Um, you should probably just bring me home please. You have a meeting and I have an early shift tomorrow." I tell him, still refusing to look at him.

"Yeah, ok." Harry responds, not saying anything after that. 

The rest of the drive home was silent with the exception of the radio softly playing a random song, being the only noise taking up the space on the car. 

You could cut the tension with a fucking knife, I swear. 

Every red light, Harry would turn his gaze back to me. I could feel my body burn everywhere his eyes travelled. 

I felt him trying to look at my face but giving up and watching my body language instead, in need to find answers. 

He stops in front of my house not long after the last red light and turns off the car, confusing me but I chose to ignore it. 

Just as I take my seatbelt off and go to open the door, Harry locks the car so I can't get out. 

"Come on Harry, I've got to go home now." I tell him, my voice shaky. 

"No." He replied. 

"No?" I questioned, confused about his words. 

"You've been acting weird since after James left. Was it something he said? Cause I promise, he's like that to everyone. He's really not a nice person at all, no one really likes him. He's just our asshole manager." He tells me. 

"No, it has nothing to do with James." I reply to his question.

 "Then why are you acting so weird? I thought you had fun at the show?" Harry asks me, obviously confused. 

"I did, thank you again for tonight. I just really don't want to talk about it, that's all." I tell him, swerving away from the question as best as I can.

"Well, I'm not letting you leave until you tell me what's wrong so we can fix it. I won't let you walk into your apartment mad at me without me knowing why your mad." Harry tells me, crossing his arms over his chest. 

"I'm not mad at you, H. I just- I just- I don't want to talk about it, okay?" I tell him, stumbling over my words. 

"Why not?" He asks, his tone holding a little bit of hurt. 

"I-I'm scared of where the conversation will lead and I don't want to ruin a perfectly good night." I say quietly. 

"Why are you scared to where it will lead? It can't be that bad, can it?" He asks me, a hint or worry in his voice. 

"Well, no, not really." I mumble. 

"Then tell me." He presses. 

"Why?" I prolong the inevitable conversation coming up whether I like it or not. 

"Because I don't like seeing you so scared and anxious so just tell me, please." He persists. 

"Fine," I say back, looking down at my finger nails, picking at the nail beds. "Tour." 

He looks very confused, I could tell even by just glancing at him through the corner of my eye. 

"Yeah? What about it?" He asks, confused just as I suspected.

"What... what does it mean for u-us? What's going to happen?" I say, my voice shaky and still not looking at his reaction, too scared to and once. 

"Baby," he softly says "Look at me." 

So I do, I look at him. 

I'm not the type to cry over things like this, I just get scared. And when I am scared, it looks like I could burst into tears any moment but I don't. I never do. Because if I do, it makes everything seem much more worse than it is.

But I feel like I could cry right now.

"We can figure something out, Vay. We will be alright, I promise." He whispers.

I shake my head and look back down at my now shaky hands because of how nervous I am. 

"You can't promise me that because you know as well as I do that there is a fifty percent chance that everything can go down hill." I whisper back.

"Hey," he quietly snaps, suddenly curling his finger under my chin and raising it up so I am forced to meet his pale green eyes that I've gotten so used to. "Don't think like that, ok?" 

I shake my head again and let my gaze fall from his eyes to the space between us before looking at his eyes again. 

"It's not that easy Harry. Who knows what could happen when your on tour? Who knows who you could meet? Who knows how hard long distance will be?" I spill out all my worries. 

"Who knows anything?" He whispers, furrowing his eyebrows before saying "And do you really think I would cheat?" 

I pinch my eyes shut and quickly shake my head. "No, I-I don't. But anything could happen Harry while your travelling the world and I'm still here." I tell him. 

"Well what do you want me to do Vay? It's not like I could cancel the fucking tour! Do you want to come or something!" He says, clearly getting annoyed by the tone and curse word he decided to use, not that I blame him though. 

I pinch my eyes shut and shake my head again. 

"No-no! I want to stop talking about this! Thanks for tonight, I had fun." I tell him as I open the car door and run up to the buzz machine. 

Thankfully, Faith buzzes me in before Harry could try to say anything to me. But, I don't think he wanted to in the first place. 

I think he's really mad right now. 

It was never my intention to make him feel bad about touring and everything, I just- I want to know what's going to happen. 

He's not going to want to stay with me and I know that, not after he starts touring again. 

And I don't know what hurts worse, the fact that I am going to have to prepare myself for the worst outcome of the situation, or the fact that by the time I got to my room, tears started to slide down my cheeks.

And not one, but a lot.

Fuck.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------