024

V A D A

It wasn't long before the plane landed in our first destination. Australia. I did end up sleeping the whole plane ride along with Harry so it seemed shorter than it probably was. 

"Come on, love." Harry's raspy accented voice rings through my ears, making me open my eyes. 

The first thing my eyes land on is Harry. His hair is slightly more messy than usual but nonetheless still beautiful. He also has his cute morning eyes, making me smile. 

I stand up and stretch, yawning before Harry lazily throws his arm around my shoulders. I notice all the guys are gone so they must have already gotten off the plane. 

As we make our way to the plane doors, I immediately see paparazzi in the distance. I freeze and move away from the doors so that they won't be able to see me from where they are at. 

"What's wrong?" Harry asks, eyebrows furrowed and eyes still a little bit puffy. 

"I- um... there's paparazzi out there and I don't really do good with people and there's a lot of them." I tell him, knowing I really don't want anything to do with the paparazzi. Harry looks out the plane door before rolling his eyes and cursing under his breath. 

"Fuck. I'm so sorry baby, I didn't even think about the pap." He tells me. I shake my head and gulp. 

"No no, it's fine. Just... what do we do? Cause I am not ready for this." I ask. They're going to know who Harry is but if I can hide myself, they won't know who I am at all.

Harry looks around the plane before his eyes settle on a baseball cap that I'm pretty sure belongs to Niall. He runs over to it and then throws it on my head. 

"Okay, that helps a little bit." He says, nodding his head. "Your hood!" 

He reaches behind me and pulls my sweatshirt hoodie over the baseball cap. He then tucks my braids into my hoodie and smiles. 

"One last thing..." He says as he takes his sunglasses that were hung on his t-shirt and slides them on my face, making me scrunch up my nose and laugh. "Perfect." 

"How do I look? Do you know who I am?" I ask him making him laugh and shake his head as he throws his arm over my shoulder again. 

"No, who are you again?" He plays along, both of us laughing as we step onto the first step of the plane.

The rest was very overwhelming. 

"Harry! Over here!"

"Is this your new girlfriend Harry?"

People were shouting at us and taking our picture as we rushed away from them. There were hundreds of them, I swear. There was such a long line I thought it would never end. 

"Harry! Who is with you today?"

"Are you dating this mystery girl Harry?"

But Harry didn't seemed fazed by this at all. He kept his eyes down and didn't say a word. He threw in a small head nod here and there or smiled, but he didn't answer any of the questions or say anything. It was the quietest I've ever heard him. 

"Harry! How do you feel about the rumour going around about you?"

"Are you and the boys excited for the show tonight?"

The paparazzi is annoying though, like do you really have to shove a camera in my fucking face?

We finally make it into the black Range Rover and I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding. 

That was a lot. 

"You ok?" Harry whispers to me. 

"Yeah... how do you do that though?" I ask, making him laugh. 

"Do what?" He reply's. 

"Not get annoyed by that?" I ask again. 

"After a while I guess you just get used to it. If we're rude to the pap or ask them to stop taking pictures of us, we get a whole ass lecture from James about bad publicity. I just learned how to ignore it." He answers. I shake my head and look at the window, watching the beautiful landscapes we pass.

"That's horrible, H." I tell him. He shrugs and it gets quiet. Not another word spoken the rest of the drive. 

After a 15 minute driver, we pull up in front of a hotel. Both Harry and I thank the driver as we get out and grab our luggage's after the driver took them out for us. I follow Harry as he walks up to the front desk and collects our room keys.

Once we get into the elevator, Harry presses the button for the 16th floor. 

"How long are we here for?" I ask, yawning once again. 

"Well, we have 2 shows at each stop and then we have a day just to go out and have fun so we are here for 3 days." He answers, also yawning making me laugh. 

"You yawned after me!" I laugh out, making him shake his head at me and also laugh. 

"Your ridiculous, Vay." He tells me, grinning.

Once the elevator reaches the 16th floor, we start walking down the hallway, trying to find our room. 

"What room number are we again?" I ask, looking closely at each number carved into the doors. 

"We're room 378." He answers. 

"Well, we're at 370 so we're close!" I tell him, making him laugh and as we turn the corner, there is our room. Harry unlocks the hotel room door and I walk in, smiling as I do so. 

The rooms are nice, better than your average hotel room. Much nicer. 

There's 1 queen sized bed, a TV, a little Kitchenette that is also filled with snacks and drinks, a bathroom and a big window with curtains on the side so we can close them when we need privacy. 

"This is really nice." I mumble as I put my bags down. 

"Is this the first hotel you've ever been in?" He jokes. I stuck in a sharp breath and hesitantly nod, looking away. 

Actually Harry, me and Faith used to stay in a crappy hotel with creepy ass men working there who would always cat call us, just so we could get away from our parents. Fun, right? 

"You just wait until we get to Seattle! The hotel rooms there are crazy!" He tells me as he lays down on the bed. I jump beside him making him laugh as I kick off my dirty shoes. 

"Sounds fun!" I say as I stare at the celling. 

"Hey Vada?" 

"Hey Harry?" 

Silence. 

"Thanks for coming with me. I know it's hard to leave everything behind, trust me." He whispers. 

"Thanks for inviting me. I need to live a little anyway." I whisper back, turning my head to meet the green eyes that I love. He smiles at me and I can't help but smile back. 

Oh Harry Styles, you have turned me into a happy person.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------