054

V A D A

I was waken up by a loud knocking on my door. I groaned and checked the time from my alarm clock beside me. It was 5:30 in the morning, who the hell is at my door? 

I stand up and make sure I'm wearing something appropriate to answer the door. Grey sleeping shorts and a baby blue t-shirt. I'm fine. I exit my room, closing the door behind me.

I slowly walk up to the door, yawning into my hand showing off my tiredness

I slowly walk up to the door, yawning into my hand showing off my tiredness. I look through the peephole to see who it is because well, I don't really want to be murdered. As I do though, I see Stacy, one of the waitresses at the diner, with her 3 year old son in her arms, his head leant against her shoulder in his cute little spiderman pajama's as if he's sleeping. 

I quickly open up the door concerned and confused because Stacy never comes over unless it's planned. 

"Stacy?" I ask, seeing her face worried and panicked. 

"Vada!" She breaths out. "Please! I need you to watch Willie!" She tells me, quickly putting her son in my arms. 

"Me?! Alone?!" I ask her, my eyes wide. I know how to watch a baby, I just never do it alone. I'm scared to be by myself with them. 

"I'm begging you! Faith's not home, I tried there first! Mila has to work all day and so does Eva! I need you to watch Willie!" She begs, breathing heavily. 

"Ok, I'll watch Willie." I tell her, watching as she internally relaxes. "Do you want to come in and talk about it? What's going on?" I offer.

"No, I really can't. Thank you though. My husband is in the ICU and kids aren't allowed back there and I just-" She says as she puts the backpack that I assume has Willies stuff in it on the floor near the door and I watch how her eyes water. 

"It's ok, go. Go, I'll watch Willie for however long you need, he can even stay here." I tell her nodding my head. She breaths out again and grabs my hand that is not holding up her child.

"Thank you so much Vada. I'll keep you updated about when I'll come get him." Stacy tells me before practically running down the hallway in her black t-shirt and grey sweatpants. I really hope everything's alright. 

I walk over to the couch with a half asleep Willie in my arms. I sit down on the couch and lean all the way back against it. I'm exhausted and I want to sleep.