049

V A D A

Stacy smiles at him and nods her head in my direction. "Right beside you, Mr. Styles." Stacy jokes. 

Yeah, Harry's been kind of a joke around here since he broke my heart. 

I send eye daggers at Stacy and quickly turn around on the stool to stand up but instead hear my name. 

"Vada?" I hear his raspy, accented voice speak. 

He still sounds the same. 

I slowly turn the stool to face the front of the counter again and turn my head in his direction. 

I keep my face straight trying to show no emotion even though in the inside I feel like my heart is breaking for the millionth time and I want to scream at the universe for bringing him into my life again even if it's just for a minute

I watch the stunned expression in his face, making sure to only look at his face. He looks like Harry. His face is more matured and he's only gotten more handsome which is not fair. 

"You... you look exactly the same." He mumbles out. 

"Great... I'm going now." I say, getting ready to stand up. 

"No, wait!" He calls, putting his hand on my shoulder gently. 

Does he really think that's ok? 

I freeze my movements and so does he before he quickly retracts his hand from my shoulder like he just realized what he was doing. 

"Why should I?" I hesitantly ask, still not turning the chair to look at him. 

"Because I really need to talk to you." He says quietly. 

I sit there for a second, thinking. But I don't want to talk to him, I barely want to look at him. It hurts. 

"No." I say before standing up. 

"Please Vada, it's important." He pleads, following me as I start walking.

"What is so important? We haven't talked in 5 years and now suddenly you have something to say to me? No thanks." I tell him as I start walking back to my table. 

Screw my chocolate milk shake and fries and screw Harry. 

"I know I probably don't deserve it but I know you deserve answers and an explanation." He tells me, but I keep walking. 

He's right, I do deserve an explanation and an answer but he doesn't deserve to even talk to me. He hurt me so much. 

I sit down back in my seat at the booth beside Eva, pretending he isn't following me and all of their eyes widen the second they see Harry standing there. 

Well, at least I said his name in my head without crying. 

"Please Vada, it doesn't even have to be for more than an hour." He pleads again, not realizing the others at the table. "Oh, hey guys, it's been a while." 

He lets out an awkward chuckle under Faiths glare, Mila's awkward glare and Eva still looking at him with wide eyes. 

"Indeed it has Styles, I suggest you make it a little while longer, maybe even forever." Faith tells him, a petty fake smile on her lips making me roll my eyes. 

"I promise I will when Vada agrees to talk to me for a bit, I won't cause any trouble." He says looking back and forth between Faith and I. 

I roll my eyes, clearly he forgot I don't make promises. 

"I said no." I tell him sternly. 

"I know you did but please, I'll leave you alone right after. Just one talk." He tells me. 

I forgot that one thing about Harry, he's stubborn as hell. We both are.

"You literally have 30 minutes and then we're done unless I say we're not." I tell him. 

I don't care if I sound cold or rude, he hurt me and he shouldn't expect me to be how I was when we were dating. He should know better. 

"Fair enough." He tell me, a small smile lacing itself on his lips making his dimples pop out. 

He only got more handsome if possible. 

I let out a small sigh before standing up and grabbing my small purse. I didn't bring a jacket since I rushed over from my studio.

 Once I'm standing, I nod my head towards the door and he sends me another small smile.

"Bye guys, it was nice seeing you again." He tells my friends, sending them a little wave before walking towards the door. I turn to my friends and let out the breath I didn't know I was holding. 

"You better keep us updated!" Mila laughs out. 

"Shut up, Faith I'm still coming over so I'll see you guys tonight." I tell them before turning around and making my way towards the front entrance before they could say anything else. 

As I step out of the door, I see Harry leaning against the brick building. As soon as he sees me, he stands up straight and nods his head towards the parking lot. 

"Shall we?" He whispers. I nod my head and start walking towards the parking lot. 

"Just follow me, ok?" I tell him, seeing him quickly nod his head. I am in no mood to be played with today. I'm actually very busy and I don't have a lot of spare time.

I get into my car and he gets into his, waiting for me to leave the parking lot before following me. 

I'm very glad he's not asking questions or I might as well explode. 

As soon as I started to drive, I felt my eyes starting to sting. Why the hell am I crying? I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm fine. Why did he have to come today though? I'm definitely going to cry after our 'talk'. 

It wasn't long before I pulled into the plaza my studio was in. The plaza if full of small businesses kind of like me. Some days I just really like to look around in them because they have such cute things. 

I jump out of my car at the same time Harry does and I see his shocked face when he reads 'Carter's photography' off of the sign and the door. Trust me buddy, so was I. 

We walk into the studio without sharing a word and I throw my purse on the couch. 

My studio isn't that big, but it's perfect for me. I have a bunch of different backdrops set up, all my equipment, my desk where I edit all my pictures, a couch, a bathroom, a mini fridge cause I like to eat, a small vanity so my clients can get ready here if they need too and a bunch of my photography around the boring white walls of the studio. 

I also have my wall in front of my desk covered by Polaroid pictures which Harry is looking at. 

"You have your own studio?" He asks quickly glancing at me before looking back to all the Polaroid pictures. I give him a little 'hm'. 

"That's amazing, I'm proud of you-" he starts but I cut him off.

"Cut the bullshit and give me my answers please." I tell him, getting to the point.

---------------------------------------------------------------------