Bonus Chapter with Amazon Prime

Author's Note

In celebration of Amazon Prime Video's newest series Panic, I am thrilled to be teaming up with Amazon Prime Video and Wattpad to write this exclusive chapter that puts my characters from this story into the world of Panic!

I hope this chapter intrigues and inspires you to learn more about Panic. Visit the #PanicWritingContest on Wattpad for the chance to put your creative writing chops to the test and learn more about the show!

To find out more about the contest, prizes, and how to enter, check out the #PanicWritingContest here: wattpad.com/AmazonPrimeVideo

Don't forget to watch the series premiere on May 28th, only on Amazon Prime Video, here: http://primevideo.com/

---

"I know it's not jungle trekking but it's just a bit of fun and you like fun." Sophie emerged from behind a thicket of trees, wearing a t-shirt over the top of her brand new swimwear. "But...do you like?"

She did a little twirl in a jungle themed bikini. But Matthew didn't seem to notice her new G.I. Jane look, in fact, he wasn't paying her attention at all. At ten o'clock on a breezy summer evening in the town of Carp, the night was dark with only the moon for natural light. Matthew's gaze was determinedly on the activity, through the thin screen of foliage. 

"You don't like the shorts I bought you?" The brand new pair of swimming trunks were still in Matthew's hand.  He hadn't changed and he needed to, if he was going to join the fun. "You don't want to match?"

Matthew finally looked at the garment in his hands and then back at her. "What?" he suddenly looked very bewildered.

"The woman at Selfridges assured me that we'd look like we were a team if we matched..."

He still wasn't really listening to her. His attention was still fixated elsewhere. Eventually he turned to face her. "Soph, I'm sorry but I'm not sure about this."

"It's just a game....a bit of adventure. I thought you liked adventure."

"The whole premise sounds kind of dangerous."

"It's a game for high school graduates."

"And?"

"How dangerous can it be?"

"Soph," he said, very carefully. His blue eyes didn't leave hers. "They've called the game: 'Panic'."

"Marketing ploy." A cheer went up from the crowd nearby who were already watching the game. The first activity was a cliff jump into a lake.  Sophie pushed a leaf back and grinned as she stared out. "I think we'd better get to where all the action is."

"Last year people died playing...."

"Rumours," Sophie said. "The whole game is like a massive mystery obstacle course. I thought it would be fun."

"And the first challenge is for you to jump off a cliff."

"Yeah," Sophie said, purposefully keeping her cool. She was aware that the first challenge would be particularly difficult for her. But if she kept her cool and her nerves together, and held Matthew's hand (if he was technically allowed to jump at the same time), then she hoped that maybe she could continue to the rest of the game. Apparently there was a huge jackpot prize for the winner, $50,000! 

"Do you feel comfortable with a cliff jump?" Matthew pushed a branch aside from where they were standing, so they were both now observing the game.