Brighton

Thanks for reading everyone.

You can buy this book SKINNY DIPPING and the sequel SKINNY CAPPUCCINO on Amazon.

Chapter 20

Sophie spent the week at the country cottage with her family until the much anticipated day of New Year's Eve arrived. This was also the day of Matthew's party in Brighton.

They'd written text messages back and forth for the whole Christmas period. He'd opened her Christmas present, a surf wallet, like the one he'd tried to buy off her at their first encounter. Even though the wallet reminded her of Rebecca, Sophie thought it was probably quite important for him to remember her.

Sophie had arranged to drive Carol to Brighton, Mickey would meet them there. Sophie's phone beeped again with another text message from Matthew. Carol snatched the phone and read the message. "Matthew says in his text, 'Meet in thirty minutes. Looking forward to seeing you.' Kiss, kiss, hug, hug." She shot Sophie a conspiratorial look.

"He did not kiss, kiss, hug, hug." Sophie's stomach twisted into knots of excitement as they arrived in Brighton.

"You'll never know," Carol smirked. "Do I have to come with you as I'm going to be the third wheel?" she continued as Sophie pulled up at the designated spot.

"Yes, I need you here."

"Why can't your Art Director just do this?"

"Because he's lazy, yet talented."

"Did you ever think maybe you're teaching him to be lazy?" Carol insisted. "Doing all his work for him? And why are you working on New Year's Eve?"

"It is not a public holiday today. It's still a work day." Sophie left her car and sauntered onto the promenade.

"So...the Art Director should be doing this rather than you?" Carol insisted as she followed Sophie agitatedly.

"You've got a point. Maybe I'm a control freak or I get stuck into the detail. But I love the details when it comes to advertising. Maybe that's why I work so hard. I like to know everything about what's going on in a campaign. Since the commercial is part of the campaign, I want to make sure the client gets exactly what we've promised. I need to make sure the director, the camera man, and everyone else involved knows exactly what we're after. So when they read the shooting script, everyone in my team understands what's expected."

"What's a shooting script?" Carol asked. "Sorry, I only do stage, really. I'd love to do a commercial though, I think."

Sophie regarded Carol standing on Brighton beach. She'd be keen, and they were having so much trouble with that girl Samantha. "A shooting script has all the detail of the shots: The camera moves, the dialogue, instructions about any voice-overs or anything else that will be featured in the commercial. It even includes information about the costumes and specifics about the props we'll use. Having a shooting script means that all the people involved will be on the same page. It's like a reference document, to make sure we achieve the right message when shooting the commercial."

Carol, bored with all the details, gave a shrill scream. "Matthew?" He was one hundred metres away, ambling toward them.

Matthew waved. "Girls."

Sophie watched as Carol rushed to accost him. Sophie toyed with her camera, releasing her nerves. There was nothing to worry about. She'd seen him so many times before. He was so attractive, his blond hair, blowing wildly in the wind. She could tell from the bounce in his walk that he was in an exceptionally good mood.