The Date

Thanks for reading everyone.

You can buy this book SKINNY DIPPING and the sequel SKINNY CAPPUCCINO on Amazon.

Chapter 23 Continued

Matthew sat on a black leather couch. He leaned almost lazily, his hand hanging over the armrest. He watched her intently with a hungry expression on his face. A smell of shampoo floated round the room. He must have showered as well.

"How long have you been there?" she asked.

"Not long," he replied, rising from the suite. He walked to the ice bucket, popped the cork and poured her a glass of champagne. He handed the glass to her and indicated she should sit.

She sat on the sofa and crossed her legs, then uncrossed them. Then she crossed them again.

He turned from the ice bucket, stopped with the bottle poised midair, from where he poured his own glass. "I didn't say, but you look lovely, much better than the dirty pool rat."

"Dirty pool rat? I don't think so," she exclaimed, and he howled again with laughter.

"Yep, dirty pool rat, or should I say sexy sea minx? Your curls are bouncing everywhere, in all directions."

She ran a hand through her hair. "What about you?"

"What about me?" Matthew approached.

"You looked like a ...."

"Come on Miss Magic with Words. What did I look like?"

Frightfully sexy was the first term which came through her mind. "Like a...starfish."

"Nope. Not hairy enough, so I can't be a starfish."

"Coral, then. You looked like a piece of coral."

"Too spiky," he shook his head. "At least I know my underwater creatures. We should go diving some time."

"Jellyfish."

He laughed. "What am I going to do with you?" He raised his glass to her. Their gaze locked. She practically inhaled the drink.

"You've finished that." He reached out, taking the empty champagne glass from her, setting it on the small side table next to the couch.

He sat down next to her. He was close, dangerously close. His fingers tucked a strand of hair behind her ears. His thumb glided along her chin, and over her lips. He leaned in, and kissed her. His mouth was hard on her lips, electricity coursing through her body like lightning hitting a tree.

In response, she leaned in very close, sliding her arms behind his neck, pulling him close. She kissed him, using her nerves to her advantage. Their kissing became very urgent and her hands were almost frantic as they ran down his back, feeling every sexy muscular vertebra. She nibbled his ear, kissing the lobe and his gorgeous neck. Then slowly, very provocatively, she kissed his neck, just above his shirt collar.

She ran her hands across his chest, unable to resist playing with the buttons. Tingles flew up her spine as he played with her dress, sliding the hem higher up her thigh. He kissed her harder, their mouths locking together as a firm hand circled her back.

He pulled her hips to face him, sliding her body on top of his lap.

She felt suddenly confident, caught in the moment, letting one thigh slide, slow, seductively over his legs. Her body faced him inwardly, where she straddled him, both legs astride as if riding him. She stared into his dazzling blue eyes. She leaned into his chest, feeling his groin solid against her.