Skinny Dipping

Thanks for reading everyone.

You can buy this book SKINNY DIPPING and the sequel SKINNY CAPPUCCINO on Amazon.

Chapter 23 Continued

She heard his footsteps first. His figure moved in the blackness like an assassin. At first, only his outline was visible. Her eyes struggled to adjust as he appeared directly in front of her. He must have done the same thing thousands of time, roamed round the pool, because he found her standing by the grandstand quite easily.

A silence grew between them. "I have a few ideas of where we can go tonight, did you want to hear them?" he finally said.

"Sure." She took a step forward, hoping to follow him out of the pool centre. Matthew could be her guide. But she had stepped right into him because he hadn't moved anywhere. He remained still.

Without saying a word Matthew pulled her close. Her breathing was quite fast. Then she felt his lips on hers. He began to kiss her intensely and she couldn't help but respond.

She pulled away, panting. "Is this like a date?" She asked him point blank. "I mean after New Year's Eve you called my office but not me directly."

He gently kissed her forehead, then her nose, and her eyebrows. "I didn't want you to think I was taking advantage of you when you were vulnerable with your dad in the hospital. I wanted us to be, you know, special. The timing right and everything. You didn't ever call me back though. I thought I would at least get a chance to chat to you."

That made sense she supposed, and then his mouth was on hers again. His tongue probed, soft and gentle. She pulled away; this was moving very fast. Possibly too fast.

"I thought you were taking me out, to thank me for my hard work?" she said, even though her arms were firmly round his shoulders, and then sliding over his tapering back and down to his exquisite torso – one she'd seen in swimming trunks many, many times. Her eyes were beginning to adjust to the dim light. He was so incredibly handsome.

His eyes flashed a brilliant blue. "I thought we were having quite a lot of fun here. You were showing me that you weren't a prude." He kissed the nape of her neck, sending shivers running up and down her spine. She felt his hardness press against her.

She laughed. "Well, well. I think you might need to find a way to cool down if we're going to go out somewhere."

"Really?" he chuckled.

"Really."

"Okay then," he said suddenly, and through the darkness, she noticed he was starting to unbutton his shirt. "Let's cool down."

"That's not cooling things down, is it?"

"Come on, give it a go."

"Here? No chance."

"Or...." He ran a hand over her breasts. "I could help you? I dare you. Dare you to shed your prudish ways," he breathed. Then he stopped and took a step back away from her. She could see him unbuttoning his trousers. "Come on. Take the Silver Swimming Centre challenge. Dip with me."

"I'm scared of the water."

"What baloney. You used to be scared of the water. I'll be very close to you in the water. You won't be able to get me away, I promise you that."

"I think it's easier if you just kiss me out here."

"Come on. I dare you." Matthew removed one sock with an element of showmanship. "It's a physical challenge, Sophie. You asked me to cool down and I will. But will you dare to step up? Show me your true colours."