Daddy's Little Girl

Thanks for reading everyone.

You can buy this book SKINNY DIPPING and the sequel SKINNY CAPPUCCINO on Amazon.

Chapter 8 Continued

Once Sophie was swimsuit ready, she waited for Matthew by sitting on the pool step. Eventually Matthew appeared and sat beside her. He sat close. The hairs from his legs brushed against hers.

"How's my dad?" She grinned. "I'm sure I heard him laughing when I was in the changing rooms."

"He's a top bloke," Matthew replied, struggling to keep the amusement from his expression. "Eve's helping him complete the membership application. After the chat with you, a few nights ago, I thought a freebie might entice him to come regularly. There's nothing like a support network when you're having a low period."

"You didn't have to do that," Sophie insisted. "Give me the bill and I'll fix it up."

"It's fine," Matthew said. "But today you're going to have to impress him. He's excited to see you in the pool."

"Great." Sophie sighed. "This whole experience feels like a parent and teacher night."

"Do I get to tell your dad about your performance, whether you've been naughty or nice?"

"Maybe around Christmas...." Sophie smiled. "I have an idea. Why don't you make me look as good as possible in the pool? If I appear confident, then you'll shine as an instructor."

"You don't think I'm a good instructor?"

"You're the best instructor, haven't I told you that?"

"Ah, but aren't I your only swimming instructor?" Matthew scratched the side of his head.

Sophie elbowed him playfully in the ribs. "You're my only instructor. But you're the best there is."

"Flattery will get you nowhere."

"I mean it," she insisted. "Thanks heaps for helping me."

Matthew chuckled. "I'll be easier on you tonight, not because of the flattery but because I'm nice." He gestured toward the pool.

"You being nice, huh? The jury's still out on that one."

"Is that so?" Matthew skimmed his fingertips over the water's surface and splashed Sophie. Droplets sprayed and hit her dry body.

Sophie howled with laughter. "That's exactly what I'm talking about." She wiped the chlorine from her eyelashes.

"Just get in Miss Smart." Matthew's thigh nudged her own in an attempt to urge her into the pool. His touch sent a series of tiny little shivers up and down her leg.

With a stomach filled with butterflies, Sophie followed Matthew into the pool. Instead of entering via the ladder, they entered from where they currently sat, at the pool step. The calm descent into the pool allowed Sophie to spot her father. Roger had settled himself in one of the plastic seats in the pool grandstand. Maybe the heart fluttering she felt was just the same as when a professional athlete raced in the Olympics? Even though it was her third lesson in bobbing, she didn't quite qualify as a water expert.

She sprung into the water with ferocity, ignoring her burning thighs. The lesson continued with a revision of everything she'd learnt to date. The situation suited Sophie entirely.

"Okay Soph, the pressure's on," Matthew whispered as they stopped for a short break.

Her legs shook like she'd completed a strenuous aqua aerobics class. "Why's there pressure? I thought we had a deal."