19 - Party Pt 2

I got a few girls on the way baby girl you ain't leaving
It's my birthday with a cake fuck it up and let me eat it
- Usher

Alaya POV

We were walking out of the restaurant heading to the next stop. The kids stayed back at the house with Muwop. Probably not the best baby sitting choice.

Everybody got in their cars and pulled out of the restaurant except for me and Durk.

"Where they going?" he asked.

"They are meeting us at the next location for your birthday," I told him as I tied the blindfold around his eyes.

"And where are we going?"

"It's a surprise, that's why you have on a blindfold. Give me the keys to the car."

"No you not driving MY hellcat," he mugged. I went into his pockets and took out the keys.

"Alright just wait, that's yo ass," he said pointing the wrong way. I laughed before I helped him into the car and drove off.

15 minutes later, we pulled up to his dad's gravesite. I got the flowers out the back and helped him out the car since he still had his blindfold on.

"Where are we at?" he asked as I guided him towards his dad's tombstone. I found Dontay Banks and took off his blindfold. He looked down at his grave and a small smile formed on his face. I knew he was just trying to smile so he wouldn't cry though.

"I just thought you would want to see him for your birthday."

He knelt down and sat there in silence. I put the flowers down and looked over at him with his eyes closed.

"Did you just say a prayer," I said loudly ruining the moment. He laughed at me and stood up pulling me into a hug.

"Thank you for this. For real," he said. We hugged for a few seconds before I realized he was crying.

"Aww, don't cry," I said pulling away wiping his tears.

"I ain't crying." He tried to hurry and wipe his eyes and straighten his self up so I wouldn't be able to tell.

"It's okay. Us real niggas cry too," I said trying to lighten the mood. He let out a low chuckle before we turned around to see my other surprise standing there.

-

"Mama," he said with a big smile. He hadn't seen her in about a year and a half so I made it my top priority to get her to come. She used to forget his birthday, so I know he needed that clarity for him to be happy about it again.

For her to be a former junkie, she was actually a really pretty lady. She was a little on the older side, around her early 60s. She had long hair and pretty brown skin. Durk favored her in a lot of ways.

"Hey my baby. Happy birthday," she said.

"You remembered?" he said surprised.

"Hell I couldn't forget. Your pretty little girlfriend called everyday to make sure I was coming."

"She did, huh?" he smiled at me.