C H A P T E R 3 5

"And that why I have chosen to always put my bets on Naruto". 

The sentiment brought a smile to my face. 'She just loves telling that story'. 

After a moment of silence, Tsunade abruptly halted. The gap between us closed as the raikage and I made it a few more meters ahead before coming to a complete stop. 

"Something wrong?" I asked jogging back to her. She had a pressed expression on her face as if she was contemplating a challenging decision.

"Have you released the seal yet?" She questioned, her eyes staring me down with buried intensity. 

My arms instinctively crossed over my chest, left hip jutting out as I dropped my weight to my right leg. "If I had, you definitely would have noticed by now". I choked sarcastically. 

Her eyes rolled in moderate aggravation. 

"How much output are you capable of without removing it?" She cocked, her hands moving to her hips as she rocked back on her heels. 

"About 50-60% why?" 

A grin spread across her face. Somehow that smirk told me everything I needed to know before she could even one her mouth. But I never dared preempt her statements. I learned my lesson very early in our relationship, and I have the bruises and scars to show for it. "Perfect, I need you to go ahead and aid the front line--" She paused, her head turning up to the almost clear grey-blue sky. After a moment she turned towards me fully, her head dropping down, that smile still playing on her lips as she stepped up to me. "Release the seal and take down anyone who stands in our way". 

I smiled, "It'll be my pleasure". 

"How is she going to get to the front lines before us when we have been running for hours? And what's all this talk about a seal?" The raikage bellowed, his lovable and charming personality clearly exposing itself.

Tsunade and I turned to him, our heads moving between us and him, breaking into a fit of laughter at his weirdly innocent comment. 

"I could have been on the front line hours ago, but I am serving as Tsunade's guard that's why I have not left". I chucked. 

"How!?" 

"Transportation jutsu".

"At this range? Is something like that even possible?" 

"Easy as pie". I smiled, turning back to Tsunade. 

"Go, and remember don't die on me". 

"Same goes for you". I replied bowing slightly. 

It was behavior completely out of character and Tsunade unquestionably took notice. 

From my bent position, I could hear her begin to chuckle, the chuckle turning into a hard laugh, the laugh morphing into something almost demonic. I shot up, my eyes narrowing on her. She was laughing hysterically. A sudden wave of embarrassment shot up from the pit of my stomach, warming its way up my back and over my face. I felt beside myself, but the emotion swaddled me nonetheless. I sucked in my bottom lip not knowing how to react. After a few more seconds of laughter, her arm shot out pulling me into her chest. 

"Don't go soft on me now". She chuckled, releasing me and holding me at arm's length. "Bowing is beneath you, don't do it again". 

I nodded with a smile. 

"Now go". She whispered as she shooed me off. 

'Bodyflicker'.