C H A P T E R 7

I slowly walked to the hospital. I didn't want to go back. I wanted to run straight to the shrine and wait for Itachi but I couldn't.

I still had responsibilities.

I slipped into the large building and tip toed past the nurses station. Quickly glancing up at the clock, 'I made it just in time for the second rounds'.

"Ma'am?"

Yuki's voice stopped me mid scurry. I sighed turning my body to face the small girl. She stood up from her seat at the station, her body still hidden by the large desk.

"Yes?"I replied, resting a hand on my hip.

"Sorry ma'am there was a man who came looking for you while you were gone."

"A man?" I questioned.

"Yes".

"Where is he?"

"I told him he could wait in your office. It seemed really important, I didn't know if you were okay with that I am sorry." Her voice gave away her fear at some sort of preconceived punishment I would enact on her.

My fingers ran through my hair. "It's okay Yuki. Thank you for telling me". I replied.

Her eyes lit up, her head came down in a bow. I walked up to her placing my hand on her head. "Don't be scared of me okay, I promise I don't bite." I smiled.

Her head shot up an ear to ear grin, "Yes ma'am!"

I rocked back on my heels spinning myself in the direction of my office. The soft clicking of heels followed. Walking down the empty halls, I thought deeply of who might be waiting for me in my office.

Arriving to the door of my office my hand clenched the handle. I could sense the man's chakra through the door.

'What could he possibly want?'

I slide the door open and stepped inside sliding it shut behind me. "Is there a reason why you're here?" I spat.

The man stood in the shadows of the room. His tall crippled form stood at the far side of the room, a cane in hand that insistently tapped against the floor. The man took a tentative step into the light that broke from the covered windows. Just looking at his face gave my body a visceral reaction. The hate I had for him was inconceivable.

"I came to inform you that your former teacher has been nominated to become the 5th hokage." His half shadowed face held an ominous smile. 'Sickening!'

"And what does that have to do with me?" I ground out, trying hard to keep myself in check.

"Just passing along information." The smirk etching a hedious thin line arcoss his tight lips.

"I need you to go along with Jiraiya and Naruto to retrieve Tsunade." A dark laugh escaped my lips, "You know for someone who hates the Uchiha you seem awfully eager to enlist us in your plans." My arms crossed over my chest, it was almost impossible to hide the disgust from my face. But he made no move, no indication that he would respond.

"Leave me out of whatever you have planned. I have no intention of ever participating in any of your schemes ever again." My voice felt harsh as the words left my lips.

I wanted to go over there and wipe that smirk right off his face, and I knew exactly how I was going to do it. Break every bone in his body and have him beg for mercy.

"You participated in the massacre of your own free will."

He was baiting me. He wanted to get a rise out of me, but I wasn't stupid enough to let him get to me.