C H A P T E R 1 6

I stood over their graves. My eyes focused on the names inscribed on the stone tablets. My fingers wrapped tightly around bouquets of white carnations.  

"I am sorry I haven't been to visit.... I have been working a lot...." 

I could feel my eyes and throat become dry as a bone. "...It's not an excuse, I guess it's just hard to come". 

"I thought I'd find you here". The soft plop of her footsteps shuffled near. 

"You here to rip me a new one?" I smirked turning to face Tsunade. 

"No". 

"Here to visit Dan and Nawaki?"

"It has been a while..." 

Our eyes met, her face consumed with sadness at the mention of their names. "Want some flowers to put on their graves?" 

Her eyes lit up in a way I couldn't quite describe. 'It's probably been more than 20 years since she's visited them'. 

I pulled a few stems from the bouquet handing them to her. She tentatively took the almost shimmering white flowers. "They are beautiful". She smiled smelling them.

"Courtesy of the Yamanaka Flower Shop". 

We stood in silence for what seemed like forever. 

"Want me to come with you?" 

An ever so subtle nod came in response. I turned back to my parents graves, slowly kneeling down I placed half of the carnations on each head stone.

"I love you". 

Straightening up I turned to Tsunade nodding in the direction of Dan and Nowaki's graves. We walked in silence, the only sound coming from us were the clicking of our heals against the dirt path. 

"Thank you Shiori". 

I smiled to myself, "Of course".