C H A P T E R 4 6

There was not a second for me to react. Before I knew it Tsunade had jumped from my arms and bolted for Itachi. A whooshing feeling left my chest as a chuckle vibrated at the back of my throat. 'This kid is something else'. I giggled, watching the toddler run and slam directly into her father's open arms. The two tumbled to the ground in a heap of laughter.

"It's wonderful to see you too Tsuna." Itachi laughed, his fingers raking over Tsunade's sides, tickling her into a fit of laughter. "Dad! Stop! Can't! Breath!" She laughed, tears shining in her eye as she desperately tried to pry his fingers away from her ribs. "But hearing you laugh is like music to my ears." He retorted, moving his fingers just under her arms. She yelped, her body twisting and turning, trying to get away from the onslaught of tickles.

Silently, I walked over to them, an ear-to-ear grin stretching over my face as I extended a hand out to Itachi. His head instantly shot up, his eyes locking me in a hypnotic trance. His eyes looked so different now. Those dark pools that used to be torn by despair, now glinted like rays of sunlight as they reflected off the surface of the blue sea. The corners of his eyes crinkled as he smiled up at me the small gesture siphoning the air from my lungs as I started back at him.

His hand reached out to mine, wrapping my fingers with his palm as he pulled himself up. In an instant, I was slammed against his chest. "I missed you... Falcon." It was like lightning shot through me. My heart thundered in my chest as my fingers curled into the soft fabric of his shirt. A fluttering sensation filled my body and heat smeared against my cheeks. His nose brushed down the length of my face, nuzzling against my jaw. Again a small gesture that sent a sizzling feeling up my spine. His hand sprawled against my lower back pushing me deeper into him. "That is such a ridiculous name," I whispered leaning my head against his.

He pulled away slowly, a smile threatening to pull his lips apart. Gently his forehead pressed against mine. "Falcons are powerful and regal birds. And you, my dear, are every bit as beautiful and strong". I could feel the sting of bashfulness burn at the base of my neck. My eyes flickered up to him. The corners of his lips turned up into a coy smile, his nimble fingers skating up and down the center of my back. "Do you disagree?" He whispered, his lips hovering just above mine. The instant urge to rock up on my toes and press my lips was almost unbearable. "Agree to disagree". I breathed, pulling my bottom lip between my teeth.

"I'll never agree to disagree with anything about you. I'll be sure to show you all the beautiful things about you." He practically growled against the shell of my ear. The timber in his voice roused a deep need in the pit of my stomach.

His lips returned to hovering just above mine. Anticipation stroked at my insides. His arms pulled me closer, and I could feel every inch of his hard body.

"Have I ever told you how much I love you?" Itachi whispered against my lips. The soft brush of his lips triggered an unconscious twitch in my thighs.

"Every day." I breathed, pushing up my lips against his.

He reacted almost instantly. His fingers dug into my body, somehow pulling me closer, molding me into his chest, pressing deeper into the kiss. His lips parted against mine, inviting me to explore. My tongue pushed and rubbed against his, and a deep growl rumbled in the back of his throat. His right hand skated up the front of my chest and locked itself around my throat, deepening our already passionate embrace.

My fingers trailed over his shoulders as I bit down on his bottom lip. A harsh hiss slipped past his parted lips as his other hand moved its way up my back and around to the front of my face somehow pulling me closer.

"I burn for you." The words felt heavy on my heart. It was as if the amount of passion in those words would destroy me. My chest felt like it was about to explode, but his words would only piece me back together.

Red eyes to red eyes, "I live for you."

Only when I felt the soft slaps against my shoulder that I was pulled from that world. My eyes shot up to Itachi's face a dark grin etched into his face. "Tsukuyomi... That's a cheap trick". I whispered harshly.

"I just wanted a few moments alone with you." He whispered back, pressing a small kiss to the corner of my lips.

I shook my head against his kiss, chuckling, "A cheap trick is a cheap trick Itachi."

"If you say so, my little Falcon." He cooned.

"Mommy... Who is that?"

Tsunade was cradled to Itachi's left hip, and I to his right.

"... Is this your daughter?"

Sasuke's voice almost caught me off, guard. The moment was so wrapped up in our little family reunion that I completely forgot that Sasuke had also returned to the village. I pulled away from Itachi only to pull Sasuke into a crushing hug of my own. He had been away for a little more than 4 years and had yet to meet Tsunade.

"Is that any way to greet someone you haven't seen in years?" I growled playfully, locking his head under my arm.

"I...am...sorry". He huffed breathlessly under the crushing weight of my arm.

Walking back to Itachi, I reach out for Tsunade. Her small arms encircled my neck as she leaned into my embrace. "This is your uncle. Say hi." I smiled. Tsunade had a hard expression scrolled across her face as she studied Sasuke. Her head quickly turned to Itachi and back to Sasuke. She immediately pushed against my body, indicating she wanted to be put down. She slowly slipped down the length of my body till her feet hit the ground. She stalked up to Sasuke, eyeing him up and down as she did. When she stopped, she stood so close to him that she had to crane her head so far back that she almost fell back. The pair started at each other in silence. It was almost as if they were having the world's most profound conversation without uttering a single word. After a few more moments of silence, Tsunade slipped her tiny hand into Sasuke's and pulled him forward. "Can Uncle Sasuke stay with us?"

The question itself wasn't shocking, but something about it caught me off guard. "We wouldn't have it any other way," Itachi spoke softly from behind me. Tsunade turned her head back up to Sasuke. "Will you come with us?" She questioned, her eyes locking with Sasuke.

The smallest smile pulled at the edges of Sasuke's lips as he stared down at Tsuande. He gave a silent nod and she was already pulling him towards the village gates. The two began to walk, with Tsunade silently leading Sasuke. Her fingers clutched to his.

"That was kind of odd, wasn't it?" I asked, staring at Tsuande's and Sasuke's backs.

"Mmmhmm". Itachi responded.

"Did you ever tell her his name?"

"No."