C H A P T E R 4 2

"How are you feeling?"

"In... a... lot..... of..... pain".

"You're almost there. Just give a few more pushes".

A hand grasped mine, another was placed on my head softly stroking my hair back. Peering through my soaked bangs I could see Itachi's face twisted with excitement.

"Almost there Shiori". Tsunade's voice echoed in my ears. I needed this baby out of me.With one final push, it was finally over.

"Would you like to hold your baby?" Tsunade smiled, wrapping the small human in a pinkish-red blanket. Immediately Itachi's hands shot out, Tsunade gently placed the baby in his arms. He clutched the baby to his chest, rocking back and forth as he softly cooed at his babbling daughter. He took to being a father pretty quickly. He leaned down, placing a soft kiss on top of my head.

"You are amazing". He murmured against my hair. 

"Hi there". I whispered, running my finger softly against her warm cheek, "We've been waiting for you". 

Her eyes opened slowly, a soft gurgling giggle came from her open mouth. She had deep black eyes with a head full of soft black hair. Only time would tell who she would look like, but I had a feeling she would take after me when it came to looks. As for her personality... Hopefully, she took after father.

"What are you going to name her?" Tsunade asked, her hand softly caressing my head. My eyes shot to her's a smile on my face. "I wanted to name her after you if that's okay?"

Her eyes widened in surprise. "Why me?" She asked, genuinely shocked at my proclamation.

"I've always looked up to you, even if you are terrifying. And you have been like a mother to me. So I wanted to honor that". I giggled.

Tsunade's eyes shot to Itachi. He smiled, reaffirming our decision to name our daughter after her. 

 I was instantly wrapped in a tight hug, "I'd be honored".