C H A P T E R 1 4

I finally made it to the fire temple, but it was too late. Making my way up the stone steps I found the place in utter devastation, the front gates were demolished as well as most of the standing temple. 

"Halt! Who are you!"

A man stood on the far right side of the demolished structure yelled. 

"I am from the leaf. What happened?" 

"Two men in black cloaks with red clouds did this... They killed Chiriku and took his body". 

I strode closer to the man. He had noticeable bruising and gashes on his face and hands. He held a staff in his right hand which he leaned on significantly, he looked in pain. I reached out for the hand that held onto the staff. "I can heal you?" 

His eyes were illegible but the look on his face was one of relief. I sat him down on the nearby rubble. My hands hovering over his chest, the glowing greenish white aura enveloped my hands. Scanning my hands over his face and hands the superficial wounds began to heal quickly. 

He had a lot of bruised bones and a few fractures in his ribs and legs but nothing that was too serious. 

"How many injured or killed?" The question was crass and abrupt, but it couldn't be helped.

"To many to count for either". 

"I'll try and heal as many as possible". 

"What will you do after?"

"I am going to try and track down the two men who did this. Can you tell me what they looked like?" 

"One man had the collar of his cloak covering the lower half of his face, he had green eyes that almost seemed demonic, he also had the headband for the village hidden in the waterfalls. The other had silver hair and a large red scythe with three blades. He had the headband of the village hidden in hot water". 

"Do you know anything about their abilities?" 

"The one with the scythe used an unusual ritual type jutsu". 

"What do you mean?"

"When he injured himself the injury he inflicted would reflect in his opponent" 

"Did you see how he activated the jutsu?" 

He shook his head. Looking up into his face I gave him a small smile. "I'll do my best to bring his body back". He gave a relieved sigh and nodded his head. 

"Can you take me to the others" 

He lumbered to his feet, the staff in his hand supporting most of his weight. Getting up from my spot I slung his other arm over my shoulder to support the rest of his weight. "Lean into me". Instantly his body relaxed into mine. Closing my eyes I took a deep breath, 'bodyflicker'. 

In the blink of an eye we were on the other side of the destroyed structure. "They are over there". Using his staff he pointed off to the right side of the enormous compound. Slowly we staggered to the far corner of the compound. As we turned the corner I was met with desolate scene. Scattered bodies of the wounded and dead sat before me. 

"How are you going to heal all of them?" 

"Watch and see". 

Bringing my hand to mouth I bit down hard on my thumb, performing the signs for the summoning jutsu my hand slammed against the ground. In a gust of smoke Katsuyu appeared, her large form dwarfed the temple in comparison. "It's good to see you Shiori". Her soft voice bellowed. 

"It's good to see you too Katsuyu". 

"What happened here?" She asked her body shifting side to side as she surveyed the surrounding area.

"I need your help". 

"Of course".

"You know what to do". 

In a cloud of smoke Katsuyu's enormous body divided into hundreds, each one landing onto the injured. A soft plushie figure landing onto my shoulder. "Ready Shiori". 

"Release". The byakugo seal stretched across my abdomen over my chest and shoulders. With a flash of green and white the sea of bodies lit up. "Katsuyu I need you to tell Tsunade what happened and to send more medical ninjas to assist with the healing". 

"What will you do?" 

"I am gonna go after the two Akatsuki who did this. Tell her to send teams to scout nearby bounty stations, I suspect they are trying to cash in the reward on Chiriku's head". 

"Yes". 

"Also if anyone is to come into contact with the Akatsuki members they are to proceed with considerable caution. One of them uses a type of  jutsu that can cause injury to an opponent from the user inflicting it on himself". 

"Is there even such a jutsu?"

"I am not sure, but one of the monks witnessed it".

"Of course, I'll go now". 

"Thank you". 

With another puff Katsuyu disappeared.