C H A P T E R 1 1

'Close your eyes, feel for the shift in the air around you, and focus your chakra to increase your speed.  Bodyflicker'. 

The sudden clink of sai to kunia rattled my senses, my eyes opened to see a pair of sharingan staring back at me. A smile plastered across the face of the boy in front of me. We struggled against each other for a few minutes neither of us giving way to the other. Kicking up I almost caught the under side of his chin as I flipped back a few feet away.

"I do have to admit you're a lot better at doing the Bodyflicker than Itachi is". 

I snickered looking back to Itachi propped up against the trunk of a tree a few yards behind Shisui. 

"At least I beat him at something". I chucked walking over to the smiling boy landing a high five against his outstretched palm. 

"Oh wow Shiori that was so cool!" Sasuke's little voice piped as he gleamed with admiration. His small body sat cross legged next to his older brother. I smiled at the little boy his eyes wide with excitement. 

"Maybe one day you will learn how to do it it" I smiled. "Oi! it's your turn!" I yelled to Itachi. 

He had his eyes closed, a soft smile played on his lips, a leg propped against the tree keeping him balanced against it, his arms crossed over his chest. 

"What do you say we mess with him?" I whispered to Shisui. 

"You read my mind". He grinned. 

Slowly we tip toed to Itachi. 

"You go left, I'll go right". I mouthed as we neared the seemingly sleeping Uchiha. I nodded as we got into position. I slowly raised my index finger to my lips as a sign for Sasuke to stay silent. His eyes widened as a grin consumed his face. Slowly he shuffled away from Itachi's standing form. 

1... 2... 3... 

We pounced on our prey. But something was wrong. Instead of jumping onto Itachi, Shisui and I collided with each other. Our heads pinged against one another, our arms wrapping around each other. Our tangled bodies fell to the ground as we giggled at our own stupidity. 

"Why did we think we could surprise him?" I laughed my head resting snuggly in the crook of  Shisui's arm.

"Wishful thinking?" He laughed rolling on top of me jumping up and yanking me up along with him. 

Shisui's arm wrapped tightly around my shoulders, his weight now fully supported by my body. "You're so heavy Shisui get off of me!" I giggled trying to pull myself from his grip. "But you're the perfect arm rest". He cooed pulling me deeper into his body his face pressing against mine as he aggressively rubbed our cheeks together. 

"Are you two done?" His voice immediately caught our attention breaking us from our  foolishness. 

"Brother!" Sasuke giggled running over to Itachi. 

Our eyes met and I saw the annoyance in them. His arms were crossed over his chest an index finger drumming against his arm. He looked at us the same way a disappointed mother looked at her misbehaving kids. Shisui and I were always the ones goofing off during training and acting like total fools. 

Itachi was always the one to reel us back in. 

"Aww are you upset that Shiori likes me better?!"

I could see Itachi's face go red, a blush fanning over his face. A smile tugged the corner of my lips. I slowly unwrapped myself from Shisui and made my way to Itachi. Stepping up in front of him I placed my hands against his chest, my feet shifting my weight against my toes elevating me a few inches towards his face. I softly pressed my lips to his already flushed cheeks.

Immediately his cheeks flushed a shade of red I didn't think possible, his head snapping away from me almost instantaneously. But no matter how hard he tried he could never stop himself from reacting.

"That's not fair!" Shisui pipped from the other side of the clearing. "Sorry Shisui one kiss a day". I giggled.

"Sorry Shisui Shiori belongs to Itachi!" His confidant statement shocked me. My cheeks burning from embarrassment. I thought I was going to melt.

"Ss-sasuke!" I could hear the flicker of awkwardness in Itachi's voice. 

"But she does!" His cheeks puffed in defiance to his older brother's scolding. Sasuke's oblivion to our sheer embarrassment was kind of cute, but it didn't make the situation between us any better. 

My head stayed turned from Itachi and Shisui, I couldn't bare to look at their faces. 

From the corner of my eye I could see Shisui's cheeks puff in response his head turning from us. "Fine". Despite the feeble attempt at seeming upset Shisui jogged up to where we stood a smile on his face.

"It's your guy's turn. 20 minutes no sharingan". 

I closed my eyes and transported a few yards away from the boys taking my fighting stance. 

"Ready when you are". I smirked, gripping the sias and placing my hands forward in a protective stance. Taking a few steps away from Shisui and Sasuke Itachi took his stance pulling out the sword that usually sat unused on his back. 

"Ready". His voice made the hairs on my neck stand straight up. Our eyes locked. 

Then it was black. 

My body shot up. My eyes were still blurry from sleep. But slowly my surroundings shifted back into view. I was in my room, on my bed. It was still night out. The curtains danced with the cool breeze at the far side of the room. My eyes darted around the room finally landing on the photo on the dresser. The photo of Itachi Shisui and I smiling.

My hand reached for the frame, my thumb traced over the image of Shisui. 

'Would it have been different if you were still here?' 

My arms wrapped around the frame, clutching the picture to my chest. 

I looked over the edge of the cliff. I could hear the river softly hum as it made its way. I dropped to my hands and feet crossing my legs as I settled onto the grass. I hadn't been here in years. My fingers brushing against the camellia petals. 

"Sorry I haven't been back to visit Shisui". I spoke into the open air. 

I placed the bundle of flowers on the ground in front of me. Slowly one by one I pulled the bundle apart throwing the flower over the cliff. The flower fell into the river with a soft plop and drifted down its watery path. 

A breeze suddenly swept over the clearing sending my hair over my shoulder and a chill down my spin. A  sad smile tugged at the corner of my lips.

"I miss you too".