C H A P T E R 4 7

"... The truth about the Uchiha... Well, that is the mystery..."

"What do you mean - truth... Is there a secret?"

"Once upon a time, long ago, the Uchiha were feared. They were powerful, brave, honorable, and most important of all sacred."

"Sacred?"

"Yes!"

"But that doesn't make any sense. How can anyone be sacred?"

"Well, that is the tricky part."

"Grandma... You aren't making any sense."

"The Uchiha are not all sacred, but once in a lifetime, one is born with the ability to see beyond what the sharingan is capable of."

"Beyond the what the sharingan is capable?"

"Must you parrot me like a bird!, sit quietly and listen to the whole story."

"But you're not making any se-"

"Sense! I know. Old people weren't meant to make any sense we were meant to impart wisdom and tell stories of old. So hush!"

"Fine!"

"The sharingan is the ocular jutsu that gives you, me, and many other Uchiha the ability to predict movenemts, copy jutsu - and the few of us who are oh so lucky, to gain the power and abilities unique to each of us."

"But the mongekyo-"

"What did I say about interrupting your sweet old grandmother?"

"Sit quietly and listen."

"Good, so you are capable of listening. Now where was I? Oh yes - the secret. The sacred person born among the Uchiha. The kensho."

"Grandma, are you losing it? Have you been taking your medcine?"

"How dare you call your grandmother senile!"

"I didn't call you that!"

"It was implied!"

"Just continue!"

"...Like I was saying... Like the Izanami and Izanagi the Kensho poseses the innate ability to forsee, decide, and execute the destinies of anyone."

"But if this person is just using Izanami and Izanagi what makes them so special? Can't any Uchiha with enought training use those abilities?"

"Unlike those who have to train to harness and utilize the powers of Izanami and Izanagi. The Kensho can simply do."

"I don't see how that makes them any special?"

"Ahh, but you missed it. They are not deciding the destiny of those in their path and choosing to change it as Izanagi and Izanami can. They can inherently sense the true destiny of that person and execute it."

"So they can essentilly make dreams a reality?"

"Now you are getting it!"