C H A P T E R 2 0

'It just had to be the hidden rain'.... 

My body was weary from travel. On the way there it was kind of a rush against time in case the Akatsuki were keen on moving Jiraiya's body. And between then and now its been two days. Two days of no rest or sleep, not to mention it was hard to find the hidden rain in enough itself. Normally this type of mission really wouldn't be a problem but missions were stacking up and I hadn't had any days to recuperate prior to this mission. 

My arms hung lifelessly at my sides, my feet shuffling at a painstakingly slow rate. 'At this rate it'll take me days to get back to the village... And who knows what is waiting for me there...' I sighed at the thought. 'Mountains of paperwork and a list of missions that have been put aside for me'. 

A sweat drop formed, 'Maybe it's better if I take my time getting back'. 

The sky was dark and gloomy despite being the middle of the afternoon. I pulled the jacket closer to my body, I still hadn't completely fought off the cold from the impromptu swim and rain from the day before. 

Then a sudden chill ran up the back of my spine. 'Who?'

My head quickly turned behind me, but there was no one there. My eyes slipped shut focusing on the chakra I had just felt. There were two different people, and they were moving fast, but judging from the strength of the chakra the two barreling towards me weren't any sort of threat. I stood motionless waiting for the two to show themselves. 

Turning back to the road ahead I sighed, 'I guess I'll never get a break'. 

"Whoever you are you're doing a shit job at hiding your presence". 

Almost instantaneously two figures appeared a few hundred yards behind me. 

'A couple of bandits?' 

"Hand over all your belongings!"

My eye twitched in annoyance, 'This is what I get stopped for?' Another fatigued sigh vibrated through my chest. 

"I really don't have time for this". I whispered turning on my heels and continuing down the road. 

"Hey! Don't ignore us! Hand over your belongings before we get violent!" one of them yelled. 

"It's not wise to threaten someone when you don't know what they are capable of". I denoted as I stood behind the two men, a sai pushed against each of their jugulars. 

Their bodies stiffied and began to tremble almost uncontrollably, 'poor bastards chose the wrong one to mess with'. 

"D-d-don't kill us". The man on the right spoke, all the base fading from his voice. 

In a split second I flipped the sais hitting the two hard enough to knock them out. A gargled groan reverberated as the two fell to the ground. 

"Mmmmaybe I hit them too hard.... ".

Staring down at the two men I stepped over and continued down the road.

"Sad excuse for bandits". 

Whatever was left of the sun was now going down now. A cool breeze swept across the road sending goosebumps up and down my arms and legs. 'I should make camp for a few hours'. 

Veering off the main road I shimmied through the bushes and into the forested area. After a few minutes of rummaging through the  trees I found a small clearing to rest in. Gathering and piling a few fallen branches and twigs I reached for the box of matches I pulled from the weapons pouch. 

Striking the match a small flame ignited, warming the tips of my fingers. Lighting the timber the warm red and orange glow washed over the surrounding area. Pulling my knees against my chest I stared into the hearth.

The soft sound of bushes rustling echoed around me and a serene feeling washing over me.  

"We have to stop meeting like this". I chuckled looking up from the fire. The fire's shadows danced across his face. A half smile gracing his lips. 

"I heard you had it in with the leader". He spoke trying to hold back a snicker.

"I may or may not have had a sparring match with your great leader" I shot back giggling. 

"He was impressed by you. Said that if anyone was to come into contact with you bring you in". 

My eyes narrowed, starting deep into his black orbs a grin pulling my cheeks. "Are you here to recruit me then?" 

"Never". 

"Good". I patted the grass next to me signaling Itachi to take a seat. 

I watched as he effortlessly glid around the fire taking a seat next to me. His hand ghosted against my lower back sending shock waves across my body. A hand wrapped around my upper arm yanking me towards him. A gasp flew past my lips, his arms wrapping me tightly against his chest.

I was between his legs laying flushed against his chest, my fingers curling around the collar of his shirt. 

I could feel my cheeks flush. My heart racing against my chest. "Itachi..." 

His chin rested on top of my head, "Just let this be our moment... Let me hold you like I've always wanted to" His words made my heart tingle with absolute happiness. Fingers tangled in my hair gingerly stroking my scalp. All the worries and troubles I had from earlier in the day faded away the moment he touched me. 

The love I felt for this man was overwhelming. 

"Is it going to be okay being away from Kisame for this long?" I whispered into his chest, snuggling into his warmth. 

"No one else but you matters right now". 

I nodded looking up to him. My hand reached for his face cupping it, a thumb tenderly running against his porcelain skin. The shadows dancing against his sculpted features accentuating every detail. His eyes flickered with red and orange embers, the strands of his hair falling and framing his face perfectly, a smile on his face, the cherry a top this intimate moment. 

I could feel myself lean into him. He did the same.

Finally our lips touched for the first time, an indescribable feeling took over. 

Our lips moved in perfect sync. My arms wrapped around his neck pulling him deeper into the kiss, a soft groan emanating from the back of his throat. 

After all these years of confessed love this was the first time we had shared anything as intimate as a kiss. 

My right hand slide to his chest pushing him back against the tree behind him. His fingers pushed against the back of my head pulling me deeper into the kiss. I could feel his tongue run lightly against my lip coxing me into separating them. His tongue quickly darted into my mouth anxiously rubbing against my tongue. His right arm wrapped around my waist pulling me onto his lap. A breathy moan escaping us as our bodies pressed desperately against one another. 

'I wanted more.... Needed more'. 

My fingers clawed at his shirt pushing off the remainder of his cloak. His hands wandered up and down my back, his hands holding on to my hips for dear life. Fingers danced around my exposed skin sending sparks of an unknown pleasure through me. 

"Itachi...." I whispered against his lips. 

"Mmmmm". He murmured back softly pecking against my lips. 

"I want you". 

Suddenly I was against the tree, Itachi hovering over me, "Being with you is all I want, but not like this". 

My fingers wrapped around his hand pulling it to my lips, kissing his knuckles, "I understand". 

Placing a kiss against my forehead he nestled back against the tree pulling me to him. My head laying against his chest, my eyes weighted with sleep. One by one my eyes slipped shut, the soft pitter patter of Itachi's heart lulled me into sleep. The feeling of his arms wrapped around me... I felt safe for once.

'Finally blissful sleep'.