Purpose in the machine

"I think Joey is a real candidate

"I think Joey is a real candidate." Daisy said as she, Jess, Mack and Kat were sitting at a table

Kat nodded, "I agree."

Mack scoffed and said, "Sure he's Inhuman but he doesn't meet my criteria."

"He is a decent guy and you know it. Getting this unit up and running is priority." Jess said

Mack nodded, "Yeah, but it doesn't mean it has to be a rush job. Look Dr Garner will make his recommendation."

"Yes and it will be the same as everyone else. Three months observation and counselling before reassessment. He's as much a buzkill as you are." Kat said and Mack laughed, "And if you hadn't noticed are team is pretty small at the moment. May and Simmons are gone, Fitz might as well be, Bobbi's on the DL, and from what I hear Hunter's planning on leaving so that leaves us and Coulson."

Mack nodded, "Yeah, but Hunter's not leaving for good he's got a score to settle."

Hunter then ran into the room, "It's Fitz!"

Bobbi ran in after him, "Fitz broke into containment!"

Everyone jumped up and ran into the containment room, "Fitz!" Mack yelled as he ran over to Fitz and pulled him away from the monolith.

Hunter, Jess and Kat pushed the door shut just as the monolith turned into a liquid, then back to a stone. Coulson then walked into the room, "Dammit Fitz!"

"I had to know, I had to know-"

Coulson cut Fitz off, "I already lost Simmons to that thing, I cannot afford to lose you too."

"Are you trying to get yourself killed?" Hunter asked

Fitz was sitting on the floor as he sighed, "I'm sorry. I won't give up. I can't give up."

"None of us want to Fitz. But..." Jess trailed off

Bobbi crouched down in front of Fitz and said, "Fitz you tried. Ok? You tried your hardest. Everybody knows that."