The patriot

Kat was walking down the hallway with General Talbot, "How did the shooter even get close enough?"

"What's going on?" Jess asked as she joined them

Talbot looked at her and said, "There was an assassination attempt on Director Mace."

"What? Is he-"

Kat cut her off, "He's fine. Mack and Phil are following protocol getting him out of there quickly as they can. What do we know about this guy that Daisy grabbed? Who's he working for?"

"Would you stop hounding me with questions? Get in there and ask him yourself. I need you in the interrogation room. I don't trust Little Miss Richter Scale to handle it herself." Talbot said

Kat stopped in front of Talbot, "I take orders from the Director not you. You hate me more than Daisy."

Jess nodded, "Kat's right. We should check with Mace."

"Well he's not going to get here in time so I am taking the reins. And here's how it's going to go down." Talbot said, he turned to Kat, "You Little Miss Decibel. Get Lee Harvey whatever to talk." He turned to Jess, "You find out if Burrows was on the Quinjet."

"Excuse me?" Jess asked

Talbot pointed to one of the agents, "And you! Hey with the hair! Get me a coffee. And don't forget the French Vanilla Creamer this time." Talbot turned back to Kat, "Agent Davis, with the possible exception of my mother, you are the single most intimidating woman I have ever met. We need answers. You can get them."

. . . . . .

Kat walked into the interrogation room and Daisy walked over to her, "You got an angle here?"

Kat nodded, "When they don't talk. Means they have someone to protect."

"So he's just a lackey. Probably why there wasn't an extraction plan. Send in the dumb guy they can afford to loose." Daisy said

Kat looked at the guy then back at Daisy, "No wonder they failed."

"We didn't fail." Zaikin said, Kat smiled as she looked at him, "Phase 1 only ever had a 13% chance of success."