Wake up

"How are you holding up?" Jeffrey asked as he sat down next to Kat in a court room, "It's okay to be nervous you know

"How are you holding up?" Jeffrey asked as he sat down next to Kat in a court room, "It's okay to be nervous you know."

Kat raised an eyebrow, "Me? No I don't get nervous."

Jeffrey nodded, "Okay. Well I'm just saying, if you are-"

Kat cut Jeffrey off, "I mean it's not my comfort zone but I'm okay. I'll just tell the truth. I'm kind of good at that. You?"

Jeffrey paused before he said, "You don't talk much about your childhood do you? Hydra, moving around. I imagine a lot of the time, it felt like you had to perform to act strong."

"Only if I wanted to stay alive." Kat said, "Why are you asking?"

Jeffrey moved in his seat and said, "Because if you enter every room thinking you got to do a performance, eventually everything becomes a performance. And believe me I know how it feels putting on an act full time."

Kat nodded, "Yes you do don't you?"

"Anyway I know it's not an act with you. Coulson's been saying it since day one that you're the real deal, I've learned to trust his read on people so." Jeffrey said

Kat looked at him and said, "He believed in me before I believed in myself. Helped me when I didn't deserve it. You too, you know. It's why he wants you with us still. He keeps saying you were trying to do that right thing."

"Oh you've talked about it?" Jeffrey asked

Kat nodded, "We talk about anything and everything. And listen, with me...sometimes it's...sometimes I think it's an act."

"You got this." Jeffrey said

"Just so you know...I'm not entirely sure I'm legal in this country." Kat said

Jeffrey gave her a look, "Are you serious?"

. . . . . . .

"Agent Davis. Is it true that before you were SHIELD you were Hydra?" The Judge asked

Kat nodded, "Yeah, I was."

Someone on the board leaned forwards and said, "Agent, you should know that there are some on this committee who feel given your service record both for this country and against it that you belong in a penitentiary not fighting your cause."