|41| The Day I Fell For You

(Your POV)

"Wow, you have so many comic books," you chuckled as you browsed Karma's library.

"Why the laugh?" He raised his eyebrows in amusement.

"It's still hard for me to believe you're into those things," you turned around to face your boyfriend who was sitting on the bed, his back pressed against the wall as he continued playing his video game.

"Huh? Why?"

"Mmm... I guess I had always imagined you spent your free time causing mischief here and there. Getting into fights, vandalizing private property, trespassing abandoned buildings... you know? The usual," you teased.

"And who says I don't do both?" He gave you a sly smirk which had your cheeks growing hot as you awkwardly looked away.

It was finally Saturday, the day when both your mother and father weren't home and also, the day of your date with Karma which you had agreed for it to take place at his house.

It was a bit sad that you had to spend so much time indoors during the day but you knew it was for the best. You didn't want to risk being seen. If anyone recognized you, either from school or just fans from the movie, they would endanger your relationship with Karma and you weren't really looking forward to it. A scandal was the last thing you needed in your life.

The both of you continued chatting without a care in the world, taking full advantage of all the time you had ahead of you that day. Unfortunately, you couldn't restrain a yawn here and there. You were a bit tired. This past week you hadn't been sleeping really well and it seemed like it was finally paying up.

'The gift!' Your mind suddenly yelled, all drowsiness leaving you as you scolded yourself for being so forgetful.

"Give me one second," you abruptly turned around, your words running into each other because of how quick you had said them.

And just like that, you exit his room and ran downstairs to the living room where you had left the bag you had brought with you. You were quick to spot it and once you had it in your possession, you sprinted up to his room in record time.

"That was quick," Karma smirked.

"Sorry, I had to-" you abruptly stop yourself. "Here, I have something for you," you showed him the bag and took a seat next to him.

"You bought me something?" He tilted his head in confusion. "You know you don't have to. I don't want you spending money on me," he gave you a lopsided smile.

"Don't be like that!" You playfully slapped his arm. "I just wanted to give you a gift, it's no big deal," you shrugged. "So stop complaining and open it! I want to see your face!"

"Geez (Y/N)," he laughed. "Demanding aren't we?" He teasingly flicked your nose.

You fidgeted in your seat, your leg bouncing up and down as you watched him unwrap the gift. You just weren't used to giving people any presents and it was honestly so much fun!

It was always your mother who chose which gifts to buy whenever it was the birthday of one of your so-called friends from school. It was always your mother who chose which gifts to buy Kaori during Christmas. And then Akiro and you never gave each other presents so in the end, you never really had the opportunity to do these kinds of things and it was all quite new to you.

You held your breath as you watched the wrapping paper come off. Once that was out of the way, Karma opened the box. There was a pause as he silently stared at the contents.

"How did you-?" He turned around to look at you.

"Surprise!" You giggled as you tackled him into a hug.