|6| Kyoto

(Your POV)

"Are you sure you don't want a ride home?" Himura asked once again.

"Don't worry, I'll take the train," you reassured him.

"Okay, but if you need anything, just let me know," he pointed at his phone.

You bid farewell and walked over to the train station. The ride home went by quite quick as you thought about today's events. The movie was finally coming to an end and will be released to the public in summer. You weren't looking forward to the release since you knew, once it was out, you wouldn't be having any more privacy. Your mother would most probably sign you up for another casting and you weren't too thrilled about it.

Finally arriving at the station, you exit the train. You walked down the neighborhood next to yours, admiring your surroundings. Since today's shooting had finished earlier than expected and it was already spring, you were able to appreciate the last rays of sunlight before it became dark. You watched the sunset, it was beautiful.

A familiar red haired male caught your eye. It was Karma.

'What is he doing here?' You thought.

Suddenly, it hit you. He lived in this neighborhood. You decided to approach him, after all he was your friend and you didn't want to be rude.

"Karma!" You called as you walked over to him.

Once you were close enough, you took notice of a cut on his face and his red, bleeding knuckles. His clothes were also dusty and wrinkled.

"What happened to you?" Your eyes widened when you took in his appearance, though you could already imagine what was going on.

"Got into a fight," he said matter of factly.

"I can see that," you mumbled. "What happened exactly?"

"A bunch of bullies were picking on a younger boy," he shrugged. "They took their money, so I guess it was okay for me to take theirs," he proudly bounced the wallet on his hand. "After teaching them a lesson of course."

"It's nice that you stand up for the defenseless," you admitted. "But you should avoid fighting as much as possible. Words can also be very powerful," you furrowed your brow as you took his hand and examined his knuckles, taking him by surprise. 

"What are you doing?" He gave you a quizzical look.

"Oh, sorry," you quickly apologized as you instantly let go of his hand. "Can I?" You then asked.

"Eh? You wanna hold my hand that badly?"

"Wh-What!?" You stammered, completely taken aback. "N-No I was just going to check if you were alright!"

"Haha I know. I was just messing with you~" He flicked your forehead and you saw him wince at this.

You arched an eyebrow and sent him a look full of disapproval. Did he really just do that with his injured hand? You didn't know why because that was a pretty careless thing to do, but you found yourself smiling internally.

As annoying as he could be sometimes, you couldn't help but admire him. Of course he was still pretty violent and somewhat sadistic but from what you were seeing, he had a lot of redeeming qualities that were worth looking up to. For example he never let anything get to him, actually had good morals and fought for what was right.

"Fine, just go to the hospital then." You finally spoke, your tone as nonchalant as you could make it.

Karma blinked a few times, a bit surprised by your sudden change in attitude.