|63| Blame

A/N: Random thought but you know that scenario in some fanfics where the children somehow timetravel and end up visiting their parents in their youth??

Well I was thinking about it and if Reader and Akiro were to visit Rui and Hanami during their high school years (16-17yo more or less), their meeting would be so freaking awkward!!

Reader and Akiro only know their parents as these toxic and manipulative people who have ruled their whole lives. But teen Rui and Hanami were just normal kids at that age and were (if I may say so) pretty much in love with each other (or at least this idealized version they had of the other one)

So the meeting I can picture it as Akiro and Reader being SUPER uncomfortable whilst Hanami gushes over Akiro (who's a carbon copy of the boy she fell for) and Rui tries to make some conversation with Reader to get to know her (since she's very similar to Hanami and therefore has a soft spot for her)

Haha wouldn't that be a funny thing to see? :^)

(Your POV)

"... and so I ended up going to bed at five or so." You yawned for the millionth time that morning as you finished telling Karma everything that happened last night.

"Wow princess," he whistled as the two of you continued going down the mountain. "Can't believe your brother actually manipulated your father into letting you stay." He kicked a pebble that was on his way. "But honestly, it was time your father got a taste of his own medicine." He didn't even bother to sugarcoat.

"I guess," you yawned once again.

"Damn (Y/N)," he chuckled at how sleepy you were. "You should've just skipped class today."

"I doubt my parents would let me," you let out a humorless chuckle. "But, honestly," you smiled, happiness radiating off from you, "that's the least of my worries. I'm just glad I made up with my brother."

Karma found himself smiling at your happiness and, without warning, he swung his arm over your shoulders and brought you closer.

"Does that mean-" he smirked, his face mere millimeters away from yours – "that the princess is finally ready to escape her tower?" He poked your cheek.

"Actually, yeah," you couldn't help but giggle, your light-hearted laugh filling the air and brightening the atmosphere.

Karma grinned at your response and, at a speed rivaling Mach 20, he sweeped you off from your feet. You yelped in surprise and hastily wrapped your arms around his neck.

"Ne (Y/N)-chan," your redheaded boyfriend smiled deviously as he carried you bridal style, completely unfazed by your reaction. "Are you gonna reconsider my offer?"

"Eh!?"

"Wanna move in with me?" He sent you a mischievous smile.

"Wh-What!?" You shrieked, your face heating up in the span of mere seconds.

"Why so surprised? It's not the first time I'm asking." He teased, clearly having the time of his life. "Besides, if you run away, you'll have to live somewhere, don't ya think?"

"Wh-Who says I want to live with a sadistic devil!?" You managed to screech, your face still hotter than ever as Karma burst out laughing.

"You know I take that as a compliment, right?" He leaned in, his lips dangerously close to yours as the scent of strawberries was now more present than ever.

"Dammit Akabane!" Your heartbeat sped up as the butterflies inside your stomach went crazy at the closeness. Karma simply laughed and placed you back down on the ground.