|71| Old And New Friendships

A/N: A bit unrelated but like, I just realized Akiro's nearly the same age as Rui and Hanami when they had him 👁️👄👁️

Like, I had always imagined them being ~46 in "Appearances". And since Akiro's 22, that would mean they were 24 when they had him. Which makes sense cause when Hanami got pregnant, she had graduated university not long ago, and was just getting her acting career started.

Thus, that would mean Hanami and Rui actually had 8 years of relationship (2 as boyfriend/girlfriend + 6 of marriage) where they were happy, and their relationship was similar to the one in "Empty Promises" (8 years!!! Wth???)

Although technically, the year before having Akiro was beginning to turn a bit toxic since it's at that point where the relationship was starting to go downhill (conflicts with Aina, their parents' deaths, clashing interests, disagreements, many fights, etc, etc).

But still- I hadn't made the connection with Akiro nearly being the same age!

(Your POV)

You sluggishly shifted in bed, the rays of sunlight hitting your face and almost forcing you to wake up. But you stubbornly kept your eyes closed, not wanting to get up from the comfortable mattress.

Only about a week and a half had gone by since graduation, but so much had happened since then that it had seriously drained your energy.

For starters, the 30 billion yen reward was swiftly handed to you and your class. According to Karasuma-sensei, the government was using it more as a means to silence you and keep your mouth shut than anything else. As expected, the whole class had been jumping and running around, a stack of money on their hands as they had to keep pinching yourselves to make sure it was real. But in the end, and after a lot of discussing and consulting Koro-sensei's guidebook, you all decided to keep just enough to sustain your education, and help pay for your living expenses.

But honestly, the whole ordeal didn't really hurt you that much. The only thing you had wished for was to be able to stay at Kunugigaoka, and live with your brother, without compromising his dream of studying architecture. So, even if you didn't get to keep your share of the 31 billion, it was more than enough and you were happy.

Thus, a portion of the money was donated here and there, one of those places being Wakaba Park's nursery, the daycare where you and your class had helped out.

The end class did, however, make one incredibly large purchase, that being buying out the old campus. As for the rest, you returned the majority of the money back to the government, as a thank you for supporting you throughout the past year. Though the actual main reason was to help Karasuma-sensei make an even better name for himself.

As for your parents and your mother's letter-... well, you preferred not thinking about it.

You rolled on your side so your back was now facing the sun, hoping that in doing so, you would get a little bit more sleep. But your body must've awoken by now since your hearing managed to pick up on some noises coming from the living room.

"... could send you that photo."

It was a male voice that had spoken, and in English no less. But it wasn't your brother's voice as this was more energetic and loud than his, and had a singsong and more boyish pitch to it.

"No. I'll just go back and look for it." This time it was your brother's voice that spoke, and in English too.

"What!?" The other person shrieked. "Dude, it's just a photo, no need to go back to your parents' house to retrieve it. I'm telling you, Evelyn probably has a copy. I'll just send it to you."