|1| Home, Sweet Home

A/N: The characters are aged up by 1 year.

So, at Kunugigaoka...

First year - 14 years old

Second year - 15 years old

Third year - 16 years old

Key:

(Y/N) = First name

(L/N) = Last name

(E/C) = Eye colour

(H/C) = Hair colour

(Your POV)

"Any questions?" The math teacher asked as his eyes glanced from one student to the next, stopping at your raised hand. "(L/N)?"

"I don't understand," you said shyly, looking down at the floor in shame. Your cheeks flushed in embarrassment as you heard your classmates' whispers.

"What don't you understand?" The teacher sighed.

"Everything?" You said rather unsure of his reaction.

You could hear everyone's murmurs as their eyes bore into your head. Asano who sat at the table beside yours, glanced up at your figure.

"It's the fifth questions she asks in this lesson," you heard the girl from behind you whisper at her friend.

"And she's supposed to be in class A?" said friend replied in disbelief.

"More like class E," a third girl remarked as the three of them giggled at your misery.

"We've been through this for the past few days. Are you telling me that you weren't understanding anything I was saying?" he pinched the bridge of his nose. "Were you even listening in class?!" He slammed his hands on the table.

His sudden anger took you by surprise making you jump in your seat.

"I'm sorry sir," you whispered, "but lately, I've been having a hard time concentra-"

RING RING RING

You were saved by the bell.

The teacher once again pinched the bridge of his nose. He proceeded to inhale deeply to calm his nerves and dismissed the class. Everyone left the room in an orderly manner and you followed behind in silence, looking down at your shoes.

"(L/N)," the teacher called. You looked at him as he motioned you to stay.

Once the class was completely empty, he made his way to the door and closed it.

"Your grades have been falling," he said matter-of-factly, "and you aren't paying attention in class."

"Sir, I promise next class I'll try harder."

He stayed in silence as you nervously tightened your tie, a very bad habit you had picked up. You didn't dare to make eye contact, too scared to even lift your head up.

"Fine," he broke the silence after a few seconds. "But it's your last opportunity. Tomorrow, during your last lesson, you will try to explain me everything we've been doing these past few days. If you manage to understand the topic, I'll let it slide."

"Thank you so much sir, I promise I won't disappoint you," your head jolted upwards as you finally made eye contact, staring at him in determination.

"But," his face darkened, "don't think I will be that permissive in the future. I've given you the benefit of the doubt because you've always been a good student."