|14| A Tale Of Two Parties

(F/F) = Favourite flavour

(Your POV)

"Hey (Y/N)," Sugino said.

It was the next day after the pool incident and you were spending your recess sitting down on the grass and talking with him, Nagisa, Nakamura, Kayano and Karma. You had already given Karma his jacket, you had made sure to wash it beforehand and you had had to wash it yourself by hand since you knew your mother would most probably ask questions about it.

"We really enjoyed going to the ice rink," he said, "and we're planning on going this weekend, you coming?"

"Oh, that's such a shame," you pouted sadly looking down at the floor. "But this Saturday I was invited to a birthday party and I can't miss it."

"We were planning on meeting up on Friday after school," Nakamura said.

"I don't think my mother will let me go out two times this weekend... Finals are just around the corner and math is giving me a hard time," you admitted in defeat. You really wanted to go but you knew your mother would definitely not like that...

They exchanged looks between one another as you watched them in silence. You didn't want to disappoint them...

"I could help you in maths," Karma suddenly offered. "For a prize of course," he smiled devilishly as he began rubbing his hands until Nakamura elbowed him in the ribs. "Okay, for free," he sighed.

You bit your bottom lip as you thought about it. You knew Karma was a math prodigy so he would be able to help you out. At least he had offered to help you which meant that you weren't going to be a bother to him like you were to Asano... And you were sure you would perform better if you had a tutor to help you... But then you would have to tell your mother who you were meeting up with and even though you could introduce Karma to your mother and show her he was just as good as Asano, if Asano found out, he would most certainly tell your mother another thing and she would believe his truth over yours.

"I don't know..." You shook your head slowly, unsure about it. "Sunday is my birthday so my mother might want to do something," you shrugged your shoulders. You knew it was a lie. Your mother would most certainly won't do anything about it but you needed another excuse to get off the hook without exposing your mother's control over you.

"What?! Sunday is your birthday?!" Nakamura exclaimed rather exaggeratedly.

"Uh... yeah," you smiled awkwardly.

"You should have told us," Nagisa smiled.

"You sure do like to keep your secrets, huh?" Nakamura added.

"Hey, I did know. I remembered from last year. I was even going to congratulate you on that day," Sugino rubbed the back of his neck.

"And you decided to keep it a secret, huh?" Karma punched Sugino's arm jokingly.

You watched them interact with one another in silence. You really wanted to go out with your friends but your mother wouldn't let you...You couldn't believe you were depriving yourself of another 'adventure' because of your mother. The situation was similar to when Karma offered you to go to the movies with him, Koro-sensei and Nagisa... Wait. You remembered perfectly well how that turned out... You immediately regretted it.

"Okay, I'll go," you suddenly said, startling yourself with your sudden decision.

"Great," Kayano cheered. "It will be so much fun!"

__________________________

Friday was finally here. You were excited to say the least. You had had a really good time with your friends last time and it had been a few days since you last ice skated so you were glad to have another excuse to be back on the ice. You had eventually told your mother that you were going out with Kaori so she had allowed you to go. This time, you had actually warned Kaori. As expected, he had asked for an explanation but you had told him you would explain everything to him at his party. That way you would have enough time to come up with an excuse.