|42| I Just Want A Family

A/N: Sorry if I scared you in my last A/N XD. But don't worry guys, it really isn't that bad.

Oh, and there's an important A/N at the end.

(Your POV)

"Goodbye Mrs Eguchi," you bowed respectfully and bid farewell to your piano teacher.

Once she had left, you let out a loud sigh. That had been close...

'Gee I'll have to thank Akiro for covering for me,' you thought as you made your way back to the living room and remembered what had happened last lesson.

It had been on the day of your date with Karma, the day your mother was out of town and was supposed to cancel the class. So, it was your brother who had opened the door when Mrs Eguchi rang the doorbell.

You had no idea what they talked about but you weren't going to nag him to tell you. You could tell it was a delicate topic for him as it was the first time he saw her since she quit. The only thing you were aware of was that he had convinced her not to tell your parents about the other day's lesson so you really owed him.

"(Y/N)," your mother's voice brought you back to reality.

"Yes mother?" You immediately answered as you tore your gaze away from the ground and focused on whatever she had to say.

"Why don't you show your father what you've been working on with Mrs Eguchi?" She smiled sweetly as she gestured at the piano.

"O-Okay," you agreed a bit unsurely.

Your mother was quick to leave the room as you shakily sat down on the stool and began searching for the song you knew the best. Once you found it, you placed it on the music rack, your heart pumping wildly. You shuffled in your seat and tried your best to even your breathing. In and out. In and out.

This scene was very familiar to you and brought back all those memories from your childhood. All those episodes where you performed for your parents. All those times you messed up when your father was watching...

'Stop! Don't think like that!' You chastised yourself.

The sound of footsteps startled you and made you jump a little bit in your seat. You exhaled one last time to mentally prepare yourself for what was to come. Without giving it much thought, you then turned around to face your father.

"Mrs Eguchi says (Y/N) is progressing really quickly," your mother explained proudly.

"Hmm I see..." he simply replied, his eyes not once leaving you.

You slowly nodded your head, taking that as your cue to start playing the piece. You tried not to think too much about it as you gave your back to your parents and placed your fingers on the keys.

You made an effort to relax and once you thought you were finally ready, you began playing. Just like all those other times, you tried not to think about your father's judging gaze nor about your mother's (E/C) eyes following your every move. Instead, you allowed yourself to get lost in the beautiful melody.

However, as you were reaching the more sombre part of the song, your thoughts were plagued with the events that had taken place the last time you had seen Kaori. Just why did he never reach out? Even after you had told him how you felt about that, he had still made no attempt to contact you. It really looked like he didn't care about you...

You frowned at the thought.

'The best thing right now is to forget about him,' you finally told yourself as you shook your head to get rid of those thoughts.