|60| You're Only Young Once

A/N: Again, sorry for having disappeared for a month but I had been extremely busy and a bit mentally exhausted so I wasn't really in the mood for writing :/

(Your POV)

You walked with your friends towards the main gates, your presence attracting a lot of attention. Many of the main campus' students immediately turned their heads to stare at you, their gazes skipping from your face to Karma as they whispered between one another. Many of them even wondered if Karma actually was the boy in the picture, still having trouble believing you two would ever get along seeing as you were so different at first glance.

As you continued walking you were quick to notice the dirty looks that were being thrown at Karma as he was also responsible for hurting their beloved Student Council President. Of course the redhead didn't seem that fazed by this, probably already used to it.

But it did bother you. It annoyed you because he wasn't even entirely at fault. Asano was also part of the problem but no one seemed to blame him.

You frowned at the thought and without even thinking of the backslash nor your parent's opinion, you grabbed his hand. Karma's head turned almost instantly, his mercury eyes widening in pure shock as he realized it was you.

"Eh? You know everyone's watch-"

"I don't care." You interrupted him, a small and sweet smile gracing your lips.

Karma blinked a few times in surprise as your words slowly sank in. However, he was quick to go back to his senses, a cocky smirk now slowly beginning to form at his lips. And before you could even realize it, he swung his arm over your shoulders and brought you closer.

It was just like all those romance movies you had seen as all the main campus' students gasped dramatically. Karma grinned sadistically, his sharp mercury eyes skipping from one face to the next as he dared them to complain. You couldn't help but chuckle at the sight.

"You know, Karma?" You suppressed a giggle, "maybe you were right that day and romance movies are in fact always the same."

"Well what can you expect (Y/N)-chan?" He turned his attention towards you with a playful smile. "The main campus is too predictable."

Upon reaching the gates, you soon bid farewell to your friends who went their separate ways. So it was now just you and Karma left since he had decided to stay behind and keep you company.

"Why didn't you make that girl pay?" The redhead broke the silence, his sudden question startling you.

"Huh?"

"Hiroko. Why didn't you tell the principal?"

You lowered your gaze and chewed on the inside of your cheek. "I just don't think she was the one who did it..."

"She confessed. What more do you want?" He frowned, not understanding your hesitation.

"Hiroko has always liked to boast about being in class A," you mumbled, deep in thought. "She's always very prideful and never likes to admit her mistakes. So it's not like her to not care about getting expelled."

Karma's mercury eyes stared at you in silence. "Look, princess," he finally said, "don't take this in a bad way but to me it seems like you're just looking for excuses to not face her. Kinda like your parents." He grimaced at this last part.

"You think so?" You hesitantly lifted your gaze and made eye contact. "It's just-" your eyebrows knitted together - "I just can't seem to understand why she was so casual during her confession. Why not lie herself out of the situation like she had done on so many other occasions? It just doesn't make sense..."