|24| The Aftermath

Important A/N at the end!!!

(Your POV)

"Earth to (Y/N)," Nakamura waved her hand in front of your face.

You blinked a few times as you returned back to the present. You were exhausted. Last night you weren't able to sleep. You kept thinking about your argument with your brother. You wanted to apologize, but he wasn't home when you woke up. Your mother told you he had left quite early but she didn't know where since he hadn't specified. By her relaxed tone of voice you supposed he hadn't told her anything about your argument which you were grateful for. But now, if you were to be honest, you were nervous. 

You hoped he hadn't done anything crazy. You had been so worried that you had tried to skip class to go looking for him but the harsh truth had soon hit you in the face. The movie was out so that meant that you were no longer just a simple face in the crowd. That's why you were no longer taking the train to school. Instead, your mother had insisted that the chauffeur would now be in charge of driving you there. You had tried to complain but her glare had shut you up immediately. To make matters worse, you couldn't even look for him after school since the chauffeur was also picking you up!

"Sorry Nakamura," you shook your head to clear up your thoughts as you began packing your things. "I'm just tired."

"By the bags underneath your eyes, I suppose it's safe to assume that you haven't slept," Sugino smiled. "Is it because you're leaving?"

"Uh... yeah," you nodded your head, after all, it wasn't a total lie.

"Aww~" Karma cooed. "You're so gonna miss me," he poked your cheek in amusement.

"I bet you're gonna miss me more," you smirked.

"Ehhh not really. I'm thinking about joining our desks so I can have a bigger one. Mine's getting too small." He shrugged nonchalantly as you all sweatdropped.

"Karma-kun..." Nagisa whispered.

"Tch, why would you even want a bigger desk?" You crossed your arms against your chest. "It's not like you even take notes."

"And yet I'm gonna place first at finals." He stated cockily.

"Geez what an ego." You rolled your eyes. "You know? You're making leaving easier than I thought." You smirked.

"Aww don't say that~" He poked your cheek. "That's hurtful."

You scoffed, "you're one to talk."

"Hey! I'm just looking out for Sugino. He has a pretty frail heart."

"Eh?! What was that for!?!" Said boy shrieked.

"C'mon Sugino," Nakamura nudged him in the ribs, a devious smile plastered all over her face. "We all know how you act in front of your crush." The blonde girl then proceeded to imitate Sugino's blushing face whenever he was with Kanzaki.

"I-I don't do that!" 

Once you finally finished packing up your things, you sadly bid farewell to your classmates and Koro-sensei who wailed and cried like a baby, hugging you so tightly that you nearly suffocated. To your amazement, Karma walked you down to the main campus. You had supposed he would have preferred to stay in class since he despised the main campus so much so it was quite a pleasant surprise. And, on top of that, Koro-sensei hadn't said anything against it which you were glad but also concerned since he had quickly taken out his notebook and scribbled some notes at Mach 20.

"So, why couldn't you sleep?" Karma asked as he proceeded to kick a pebble that was on his way.

"I already told you," you blinked.